View Full Version : utah/moab/canyonlands park suggestions

02-26-2014, 10:33 AM
hey gents...... so my wife and I are looking at doing a trip down to utah this spring break with the truck... no bikes bc i don't want to worry about crossing the border with them.... we just have a leveled 2010 chev silverado 1500 with some 33's on it and a rear locker from factory anyway just looking for some must do backroads/wheeling trails and ideas of things to do.... and we are going by ourselves so it can't be too extreme haha I am already looking at the white rim trail for those that know it... it's in the canyonlands park. anyone ever go there? oh and we are looking at doing some backpacking too if anyone happens by some miracle to have done that down there too haha

02-26-2014, 11:49 AM
There is lots of areas around Moab township that are very stockish accessable. The backside of Pritchet Canyon and Behind the Rocks comes out to a beautiful desert tundra area. The canyon area by Metal Masher trail is gorgeous. The whole area around Moab is all like what you see in canyonlands

02-27-2014, 02:54 AM
we just got back in november. it's an epic place. do the shafer trail. it's in the island district of canyonlands. drops right down to the bottom,then eventually ends up in moab. kind of a big loop. then there's the white rim trail. you gotta do it! epic!
arches national park also has a couple of off road areas as well. arches is well worth the drive in. and if you are really hard core. go to the needles district in canyonlands and do the elephant hill trail.

there are sooooo many awesome places just outside moab. and it's a cool little town. been there a few times

02-28-2014, 01:48 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys! I will look up more information about the slickrock area... we might even rent a sxs or bikes and do a rip thru that area one day :) I am looking forward to taking the truck on the white rim trail too, but mainly bc it's only mtn bikes and trucks allowed on that trail so it will be a much more chill drive. Nutbar I will for sure look up those trails and check em out! gecko... I think I have a good idea of hte difficulty of white rim... how do elephant hill and shafer compare to it? and is shafer right off of white rim?

02-28-2014, 06:48 PM
It is well worth going and checking out the area so many cool rock formations and such, lot's of aboriginal type site seeing to do too. Oh and also to be clear Pritchet Canyon trail and Behind the rocks trail you do not want to try in a stock truck but the trail area that they end at is beautiful and accessable from the main highway that runs through Moab.