PDA

View Full Version : Fan blower assistance needed

Skitherz
01-05-2014, 09:16 PM
I have a 08 GMC 2500HD 6.0 gasser. Had no issues up until tonight with the blower. Fired her up tonight and turned fan off cuz it was making it snow inside, went outside and brushed off the snow and went to turn the fan on and there was nothing, heard it struggle for a bit than quit:dontknow:. I would check fuses and relays if i had the tools on hand, waiting until i go into work tomorrow with a warm shop and right tools (-30 up here in Fort St. John:cold, no one likes to work in that!). Cant do visual on fuses due to them being the non see-thru type and I don't have test light at home.

To sum it up, just curious to know where to go/look after fuse/relay checks and resistor and harness checks. Has anyone come across this before?:confused0006:

Thanks y'all! Any help is good help!

procircuit
01-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Resistor plugs are prone to shorting out on these, there was a recall on some..
Passenger side under dash, can't miss it,

also check for power at the blower motor plug.. If it's still powered and fan, likely the blower motor.. 40-50$ IIRC

Skitherz
01-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Thanks! Thinking it was too damn cold for it to start turning, was -5 this morning and it seemed to have resolved itself when i fired it up. Will keep it in mind for future reference tho.

[cheers]

mus-Tard
01-06-2014, 08:26 PM
-29'c here last week. any way, one day similar issue l guess, blower fan was not working in the car. turn the fan on and could slightly hear a little bump or something ( just one). any way. left it, used the other car. days later tryed again and worked fine.

l think was just frozen.