PDA

View Full Version : Side by Side

kootenaycat
11-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Anyone else running a side by side? I traded off the Polaris on a Kawi Teryx last month. Keeping the Grizzly for the tight trails around here but figured the wife would enjoy sitting beside me rather then eating dust all day long following. After our trip to Trout lake last summer I don't know how that quad of hers ran with the air filter as dirty as it was :D

Got a winch ordered, still need to get a windshield and roof of some sorts for those rainy/cold days. Looking forward to next summers adventures!

Honky
11-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Nice but they are not for me. I already own a Jeep :-)

When we were looking for a new quad Ann wanted nothing to do with the idea of a SXS. She likes the challenge of the ride

Taxidermy
11-27-2013, 07:31 PM
That is a cool side by side.

I like the color.

Have fun on it,

kootenaycat
11-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Nice but they are not for me. I already own a Jeep :-)

When we were looking for a new quad Ann wanted nothing to do with the idea of a SXS. She likes the challenge of the ride

In Trout this past summer we met and rode with 4 couples from the Okanagan all on side by sides. For most of the riding there it would have been nice to be able to chat along the way and my wife worries about getting "lost" in the woods lol. They're not for everyone but we'll have fun. It'll be our "jeep" but without the worry of it breaking down lol :D

Like i said I kept the grizzly for the boys rides :)

Moondog
11-28-2013, 12:03 AM
Here is mine 2014 can-Am Maverick

Moondog
11-28-2013, 12:08 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=552077128197861&set=vb.100001867379027&type=3&theater

And I have owned a built jeep and I would never go back these new generation side by sides will go everywhere where my jeep used to go and it will go there a hell of a lot faster [cheers]

kootenaycat
11-28-2013, 07:21 AM
I drove my buddies commander and if it wasnt for the price tag i would buy one. Rode so much smoother then mine and i have the same sport shocks as his. Gotta do some adjusting to see if i can make it easier on the back.

procircuit
11-28-2013, 07:47 AM
cute golf carts boys! [cheers]

:D

Honky
11-28-2013, 09:37 AM
If I did long trails and gravel roads like you do Kootenay it might make sense to get into a SXS. The terrain you cover is incredible! Where are the newest pics BTW...I'm sure you are holding out on us :)

I like the challenge of the harder trails. The trails were you have a good chance of going over or you have to get off the Quad and push,rock, or squeeze between trees. The SXS are way to wide to take down tight rocky trails we have around here. The other things is I don't want to be strapped in something I can't jump away from.

Maybe when I get older and can't handle the challenge of Quad[f]

I'm also lucky that my wife likes the same thing and doesn't want to be driven around...she is more of a doer

strapped into a sxs over this? I don't think so

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af58/Funinbc_honky/null_zps74f84b22.jpg

Moondog
11-28-2013, 11:05 AM
I also still have my Grizzly 700 not saying that the side by side will go everywhere the 700 will go but what I am saying is your built jeep will struggle keeping up with the side by side. Stop thinking side by side and start thinking 4 linked 16" of suspension travel,rear spool locked front end samurai then you might start to understand what the new generation side by sides are about

procircuit
11-28-2013, 11:09 AM
I also still have my Grizzly 700 not saying that the side by side will go everywhere the 700 will go but what I am saying is your built jeep will struggle keeping up with the side by side. Stop thinking side by side and start thinking 4 linked 16" of suspension travel,rear spool locked front end samurai then you might start to understand what the new generation side by sides are about

you forgot to mention overpriced and fragile [cheers]

Moondog
11-28-2013, 12:09 PM
you forgot to mention overpriced and fragile [cheers]

Overpriced I will agree with but fragile NO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OklwFQa0FwU [cheers]

kootenaycat
11-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Im thinking this topic has gotten way off track lol! Wasnt meant to be a quad vs side by side thread just asking who has them and how they like them and maybe get some ideas rolling on mods etc. This isnt taking the place of my quad, its opening new doors for family fun when im not on the Grizz with the boys. Honky i never expected to do the same trails with it, rode with a RZR guy who thought he could keep up and it was funny watching him fail :D and this Kawi is way wider then a rzr. Like moondog said think of this as my Jeep, you dont try to squeeze yours down the same trails as your Grizz and i wont either :D. Only difference is side by sides ride a whole lot smoother then your Jeep lol

Moondog
11-28-2013, 03:30 PM
so far for mods / accessories I have full aluminum skid plates, half doors, pre-runner front bumper, 5 point harness's, full sound system, bimini top, rigid industries led rock lights mounted inside the cab, custom jump seat in the box (for my dog to ride in) and I have a warn RT40 on order. Mine is a 2014 so it comes with the QE front end and power steering. Future mods will be 40" light bar a sub to improve the sound system cage extended to cover the box and a custom tube rear bumper with hitch reciever

kootenaycat
11-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Sounds like some good accessories! I was going to get a Warn but seeing how they're all made in China now and Princess Auto has them on sale with free shipping I ordered a 4500lb superwinch. If it packs it in then a Warn will be next :D

Honky, here's a couple of spots where a side by side wasn't coming with us.

harvester_sorrow
11-28-2013, 07:41 PM
cute golf carts boys! [cheers]

:D

bitchez... [36]