View Full Version : 375 Ruger

11-10-2013, 08:37 AM

I am in the works on making a deal on a rifle in 375Ruger. I have done a lot of research on the round. l looks like it will make a great moose and grizzly gun.

anyone here have much experience in the 375 class

11-14-2013, 09:08 AM
i do, ammo aint cheap and it makes huge holes in critters......

just saying :D

11-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Its a great round essentially the same as the 375 H&H which is what I shoot . Seeing as you hand load it will be pretty reasonable to feed. Barnes ttsx 250 is about perfect for a one bullet choice , it shoot flat and hits hard.

The recoil is manageable as long as the stock is properly fitted to you as ruger like most other rifles are made for the average short fat guy (proper length ,check riser and proper height scope mount which does not mean the lowest) I would say for your height LOP will need to increase , scope height be high rings and perhaps some cheek padding added for a proper check weld.

a variable scope such as a 1.5x6 or even a 3x9 is a good choice with either a 32 or 40 mm bell as the rifle is not just a short range rifle it also has the ability to reach out for those long shots. Stay away from the 20mm as they suck ass for here, I got rid of mine and went to a 3x9 .

I have tried the ruger and liked it and if I didnt already have my H&H I would go ruger .