PDA

View Full Version : Lifting a YJ... Keep the track bars or toss em?

SuzukiSamurai
10-22-2013, 11:39 PM
So I'm putting a 4" lift in my cousins yj this weekend and I have been doing some research on track bars... Just wanting a more local opinion than muricans

So has anyone tossed em? Front, rear or both?
Anyone put them back in?

Happypants
10-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Toss em,

Tunabomber
10-23-2013, 12:19 AM
Ya i ran them..
For like a week..

U wont even notice them gone.

atoyot
10-23-2013, 12:44 PM
not being a jeep guy but knowing in general suspension that can move without limiters(swaybars etc) will flex better....
there is nothing to bind when the springs distort n flex
might be more sloppy on road conditions but if u want better offroad perormance u gotta make that sacrifice

Apathy
10-23-2013, 01:58 PM
it will driver better on the road with it, but better off road without it.. soooooo

Evan the Blue
10-23-2013, 02:12 PM
say bye bye now

B
10-23-2013, 02:52 PM
give you a little back ground the cj's had narrower frames and its mostly just small c channel they had a tendency to wander and do sudden lane changes being such a short wheel base and narrow they also twisted the frames due to the high power v8's that came with them and were modded for them by there owners mash throttle pull to the right let off throttle pull to the left once u were used to it not a big deal but for the first time driver of one they would shit there pants

now they make the yj ... wider frame, manderal bent box tube frame rails much stronger less flex but everyone is still scared of the short wheelbase and its being "tippy" so they added these bars for stability but with all the upgrades the yj has there quite unnecessary in stock and lifted configurations how ever they will limit your flex massively

do what you feel comfortable with 95% of peeps toss that shit

Happypants
10-23-2013, 03:11 PM
give you a little back ground the cj's had narrower frames and its mostly just small c channel they had a tendency to wander and do sudden lane changes being such a short wheel base and narrow they also twisted the frames due to the high power v8's that came with them and were modded for them by there owners mash throttle pull to the right let off throttle pull to the left once u were used to it not a big deal but for the first time driver of one they would shit their pants

LOL yup!!! Ask me how I know hahah, first time I dove the cj I had to pick the seat cover out of my ass cause I did just that lol

SuzukiSamurai
10-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Awesome, well I will let him know when I lift it and it will prob go, I'll let him make the decision

Thanks for the input![cheers]