PDA

View Full Version : Not so much fun in certain areas of BC

4-Trax
10-02-2013, 11:31 PM
This is a "heads up" warning to backroad users in the Kelowna area. Westbank First Nations are Issuing Trespassing tickets for just parking in unmarked areas, because they legally can. Watch where you park, make sure it's not on Indian Reserve Land or you will get ticketed. The picture is near the beginning of the Medicine Creek Indian Reserve, it looks like crown land, but is not, and you will get ticketed by WFN Officers, and the notice of enforcement is a strict liability issue, meaning there is no hope to dispute it, and if you don't pay the fine, you will have to pay it, plus a late penalty when you do any business with ICBC again.:confused0006:

Medicine Creek Indian reserve is southeast of Kelowna on McCulloch road, the Reserve land starts where the pavement ends.

Here is a link to the Youtube video to show you the area of where you will be ticketed, check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JocVlrP-24

Can you tell your already trespassing??? You are! :eek: Nevermind ......... just watch the video [cheers] and spread the word!

Happypants
10-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Wow, that's retarded

Prolowtone
10-03-2013, 05:36 AM
really? i have drivin around out that way... oops guess we got lucky

procircuit
10-03-2013, 07:41 AM
so drive faster and don't stop

crazylike
10-03-2013, 08:57 AM
yeah that property was traded to the indians as part of the payment for the bridge lands. noone really knew about it because they are all worried about the 700 acres that was to be traded aswell. (by rose valley). either way just tell the by-law (richard johns) to go f*** himself you have permission from band members to be there. Use names Dallas Derrickson or George Wilson neither have phones so by-law couldn't check your story anyhow. and you can fight wfn tickets at wfn office a top bridge hill. i so far have beaten every ticket given to me by the wfn by-law. including a ticket for telling him to go f*** himself. :)

Honky
10-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Haha…sorry you got a ticket for telling him to go fuck himself?

I understand if feel they need to put up clear boundaries to keep out hunters and people camping but maybe they need to make it clearer.

I don’t understand the no parking thing. Never heard of that before

longhorn
10-03-2013, 08:34 PM
yeah that property was traded to the indians as part of the payment for the bridge lands. noone really knew about it because they are all worried about the 700 acres that was to be traded aswell. (by rose valley). either way just tell the by-law (richard johns) to go f*** himself you have permission from band members to be there. Use names Dallas Derrickson or George Wilson neither have phones so by-law couldn't check your story anyhow. and you can fight wfn tickets at wfn office a top bridge hill. i so far have beaten every ticket given to me by the wfn by-law. including a ticket for telling him to go f*** himself. :)

LOLOLO Right on .......................

kootenaycat
10-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Another reason I like the West Kootenay, no reserves :D

4-Trax
10-04-2013, 11:06 PM
The property was purchased from the Capozzi's with money they got from the bridge hill land that the Government had to buy to widen the highway. They had the land for many years and finally got it rezoned to Indian Reserve status in the early 2000's, previously it was only zoned for Cattle Grazing.
Now it's zoned for WFN Officers to ticket as many people as they can!

TWOZEROFOUR
10-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Why do you think they are the richest Chugs in BC???