View Full Version : Speed Kills

09-15-2013, 08:25 PM
I saw this vid last week, not sure if it has been posted here yet..............long of short of it is they are trying to get the speed limits adjusted to a reasonable speed limit which reflects the UPPER END of safe travel speeds for the reasonable majority on our highways (85 percentile)

- If you haven't seen the video check the website below.....
- If you believe the speed limits should be changed check the website below, you can send an email to your MLA (not sure if it will effect change but worth a shot eh)

09-16-2013, 06:04 PM
He definitely makes some good points. I've often thought the same thing about Europe. Roads are busier, narrower, and yet they drive much faster.
Safety records are better over there.
Keep in mind though, that their roads are build and designed better. You'll not run into a short on ramp onto a highway in the Netherlands for example.
4-way stops don't exist there either, and they use yield signs where we have stop signs where 2 roads intersect.

10-26-2013, 07:53 PM
And then this...

10-27-2013, 09:33 AM
You can make something idiot proof they will just make a bigger idiot:dontknow:

10-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Idiot proofing just means more idiots, because they don't die out naturally like they should. The fat cats should stop focussing on damn road laws and start focussing on shitty drivers! I can't believe the gall of these idiots, raising insurance rates on you if you get a certain amount of tickets, what does getting caught without your seatbelt on or going faster than an arbitrary number on a metal sign actually do to hurt people? Hitting things hurts people! Take the idiots who drive into things all the time off the roads and all problems are solved, plus our insurance rates would be cheaper!