PDA

View Full Version : sportspal canoe restoration

Trailjunkie
08-01-2013, 09:27 PM
so my 60 year old 14 ft sportspal canoe that my dad bought in north bay ont before i was born was in serious need of repair. this canoe is kick ass for many reasons like its impossible to sink and it only weighs like 38lbs so portage is easy as hell. its made of marine grade super thin aluminum and filled with foam. very durable and will hold 900lbs . good thing seein i use it eh.lol pudge asked to borrow it and so we pulled it out of the bush that its lived in for the last few years and eeewww it was all busted up green nastiness so when he brought it back i started surfing for parts and turns out clipper canue can get whatever i need.[36] i should took pics of it before i power washed it but didnt think of this till after maby pudge has a pic??

so far ive replaced the foam sponses on each side and im waiting on the new end caps and new sticker's so i can repaint it. then new original seats and repair the motor mount. and go from there.

Trailjunkie
08-01-2013, 09:27 PM
as i do more i will update pics. oh one thing i cant get is the original oars so if anyone knows of a place or whatever let me know k.