View Full Version : Mission to ban All Shooting Activities including hunting within Municipal limits.

06-06-2013, 08:22 AM
With the exception of the Gun Range on Dewdney.

See here http://www.mission.ca/wp-content/uploads/5362-2013-NEW-Discharge-of-Firearms-Bylaw.pdf

06-06-2013, 08:37 AM
This is so they can crackdown on the fucktards that target shoot and trash both sides of stave lake.

06-06-2013, 08:38 AM
good, people are turning my back yard into a garbage dump.

06-06-2013, 08:44 AM
what's funny is they have included "spring gun"

This means that the Daisy duke and Red Rider BB gun will be outlawed.

Now were are the outlaws like this mean girl going to shoot up the countryside

06-06-2013, 08:46 AM
lol . really that makes no sense

06-06-2013, 12:07 PM
That's good news... It's a little scary being out in the bush wheeling and wondering if some ass hat is going to accidentally shoot you...

06-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Not a terrible idea, but lawmakers never stop at just one...

Metal Mulisha
06-06-2013, 01:54 PM
good, people are turning my back yard into a garbage dump.

sure it aint alll the Jeeps parts:dontknow:

06-06-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't agree with these type of gun control measures.there are already dumping laws in place.maybe they should enforce those instead of banning legit,clean shooters from enjoying they're sport.every time I've gone out,we've made it a point to lay a tarp and pick up all the brass and shell casings.

06-06-2013, 03:57 PM
You are the minority, and we appreciate what you do Myles. Unfortunately there are a lot of people that don't do that, they think this world is there toilet.

The King Machine
06-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Not a terrible idea, but lawmakers never stop at just one...

This is true I can't help but feel this is just the start. Perhaps first the guns , then the 4x4's. The odd thing here is that even with the current laws in place Mission RCMP or CO's would have a field day writing out fines and what not.
Perhaps The city is giving law enforcement more ammo to issue more fines. Making it financially rewarding for them to patrol the back woods. Instead of having only a few fines to hand you, you will have a book of fines.
I think the main area of concern for mission is the west side of Stave lake above the mud flats.

That being said I've had a number of close calls with bullets cracking over my head on the East side of the lake. The garbage and whatnot is not an isolated occurrence in the backwoods so its a tough one.

06-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Mission forestry district only covers the area around Davis lake and a couple of kilometers around the shore line of Stave lake. Davis Lake is a provincial park and as such you have never been allowed to shoot in there. Mission City also has big plans to turn the Stave area into a recreation use area it already has high traffic in the Stave area which will only get worse with the opening of the 1st new camp site at Sayers lake. All Mission city are doing is securing all of ours safety and I for one applaud them. On more than one occasion I have been coming out of Davis (when you were allowed in there) only to hear rounds flying through the trees around me. If you want to blame anyone for Mission city's new by-law then blame the fucktards who fucked it up for everyone and if you still want to shoot up at Sylvester Road just drive a little farther up the road into the Chilliwack forestry district problem solved.

06-06-2013, 08:41 PM
sure it aint alll the Jeeps parts:dontknow:

06-06-2013, 09:40 PM
nope we reuse are parts . but the pile's or toy rust on the other hand.lol

06-07-2013, 12:18 AM
this makes me happy to hear this mybe i wont have to worry about rounds flying over my head as i come out of a off trail on my quad anymore

06-07-2013, 10:14 PM
that's right. throw us target shooters out. you 4x4ers will be next.
divide and conquer, the tactic of the citiots.

go after the f*cktards not cleaning up after themselves or shooting without a backstop.

06-08-2013, 08:54 AM

go after the f*cktards not cleaning up after themselves or shooting without a backstop.

But it seems like the fucktards that don't cleanup and pack refrigerator s
Tv and other garbage to shoot at as well as every road sign on the fsr
out number the ones that do pick up there casings and shit
As it is us 4x4 people are being run out of the bush by the fuckheads with guns
I can think of half a dozen trails and sections of fsr where I've had bullets wizzing past
guys shooting down roads using the gate as a rest
Fuck one night were in a trail after midnight and turned around
Because ass holes were shooting at what in the fucking dark
Yea we will all be kicked outa the bush and you target shooters can go to the gun range
And we can go to a pay recreation site to camp
And have to buy firewood can't bring your own
And have neighbours 20 feet away but at least there won't be shells everywhere
I'm surprised more people haven't been hit by stray bullets
And nothing more relaxing than going out to enjoy the peacefull sounds of fucking gunshots all day and half the night

06-08-2013, 12:45 PM
I love wheeling
I love guns
I love lamp

That is about as helpful as I can be

Buck Master
06-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Have to agree. Was out a few weeks back, and people were shooting till 4 in the morning, non-stop.

06-08-2013, 08:25 PM
nope we reuse are parts . but the pile's or toy rust on the other hand.lol

Toyotas are environmentally friendly, they are biodegradable. :D

06-12-2013, 06:43 AM
We like to go target shooting like anyone else and we clean up shells n targets when we r done. u would never know we were there but I actually do agree with this ban. I also quad fish n camp. Be nice to quad up Sylvester without worrying bout bullets whizzing by. I would also like to be able to take my dogs up there. Right now we don't cuz not safe. Unfortunately there are way more irresponsible people with firearms up there than there are responsible - they r the ones that ruin it for everyone. So ya a ban is a good idea. We can go shoot elsewhere.

06-12-2013, 09:06 AM

the fact is that people do not pick up there shells targets and tv computers washers dryers ect... just drive 10 min up Sylvester and that's painfully obvious. as early as 5 years ago target shooters went to little irak now it was a garbage dump but at least it was contained. now there to fkn lazy to go all the way there and it seems that shooting into the bush and across roads has become acceptable .every little pull out between the pavement and kenyon lake is a garbage dump. we off roaders are being pushed out because of asshatt's who do what ever there lazy asses feel like doin and 99% of all dumping ive seen over the last 25 years in this area is target shooters. so if all of you swear its not you then the target shooting ferrie is a messy bitch i guess eh. why not start policing yourselves so you wont be pushed out. why is it that i cant go camping with my kids and wake up listening to nature while making our breakfast instead of listening all night and the next morning to gun shots ? that's peaceful and relaxing wondering if the kids will catch a stry bullet while gathering fire wood ect. i had to loose it in Davis because a target shooter and his friends decided to shoot bottle's thrown over the lake my kids and myself swim in . hey but im wrong its fine to just shoot where ever you want . what do i know?

06-12-2013, 09:10 AM
I love wheeling
I love guns
I love lamp

That is about as helpful as I can be

I'm with Honky, but I do wish for some more responsibility in regards to respect of others and the garbage left behind.

06-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I was driving down the road towards the lake on East Stave. I stopped and asked the target shooters with longarms to stop and wait till I was out of sight as they were shooting down the line of the road. I drove past and I look back and the FUCKNUT continue to shoot right at/next to me.

I stopped, got out and yelled at the fucknut and he put his hand in the air to wave. Iím sure we all have the same kind of stories.

I also agree with Trailjunkie. Even camping on the boat all day/night all you hear is gunshots and in the back of your mind you wonder if youíre going to get hit. A 30.06 bullet would have little trouble traveling to the other side of the lake from high on the mountain to low on the beach.

Nothing like driving through the bush ducking down in your truck as the bullets wiz past. More scare for your wheeling dollar:D

The King Machine
06-12-2013, 01:56 PM
The finger can't be pointed at just any single group. Myself for example is one and the same. Quading, shooting, 6x6ing, camping etc. I enjoy many aspects of the outdoors.
I a have a rifle with me every time I go out. Will I shoot it every time no maybe not. I witnessed disrespect for the outdoors by all the various groups.

Perhaps a re evaluation of the firearms licensing system would be more suited to help curb the wrong people owning fire arms. Lets be honest, Jinder on Scott road can set u up with PAL for 250$ instant. The valuable lessons needed for safe fire arms use are not making it across to many people taking the training. I've witnessed a few atrocities committed by the 4x4 crowd as well......mostly environmental. singling out a specific group is not going to change anything.

Whether driving, shooting, or riding.............. stupid is stupid.

All you can really do is educate the fucknuts when you catch them.......and remember carry a bigger gun.

Oh and remember many people posses weapons illegally and one should use caution when confronting people armed with weapons.

06-12-2013, 02:04 PM
.............. stupid is stupid.

This sums it up nicely [cheers]

wait a tick....did you steal that from Forest Gump?

06-12-2013, 02:26 PM

A major research institution has recently announced the discovery of the heaviest element known to science. Its existence was proved during the hurricane, gasoline, and other issues of the last year or two.

The new element has been named *Governmentium*.

Governmentium (Gv) has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called mo-rons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pe-ons.

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A minute amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take over four days to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of four years. It does not decay, however, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places. In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, as each reorganization will cause more mo-rons to become neutrons, forming iso-dopes.

This characteristic of mo-ron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever mo-rons reach a critical concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass.

When catalyzed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium -- an element which radiates just as much energy as Governmentium because, though it has only half as many pe-ons, it has twice as many mo-rons.

Need I say more ?

06-17-2013, 08:25 PM
wow, I sure hope that all you guys who are getting shot at are calling the cops and getting these ftards arrested. If not, you are not helping to improve the situation.

And yup, regarding cleanup, I always pick up my sh!t and then some. I don't know why the cops don't patrol iraq and hand out fines to guys who bring crap to shoot and don't clean it up at the end of the day.

06-17-2013, 09:09 PM
If people where properly trained in the use and discharge of fire arms shit like this wouldn't happen , dumb people are ruining this world and unfortanatley where stuck here with them to suffer the consenquences , from closures of places to laws and bans you can blame it solely on the fucktards

06-18-2013, 07:16 AM
It's obviously to easy to obtain guns
It's only a matter of time before someone gets shot or killed
Surprised it hasn't happened yet several time been lots of close calls

06-18-2013, 07:34 AM
the proper training is out there and most of these asshatts has had it . its a lack of common sense and givin a shit that's the real problem.

06-19-2013, 05:17 PM
all this will do is force shooters from the west side all over to the east side of stave unfortunately based on this document. The one encounter I had a couple weeks ago with bullets flying over our camp and heads at davis parking area will only probably get worse.

06-19-2013, 06:10 PM
there is a meeting in mission at some place in 20 min about this

just sayin

06-21-2013, 05:30 AM
I sighted in my guns off the back deck

06-21-2013, 08:08 AM
My mom attended the meeting this is what she wrote up...

Good Morning:

I attended the public input meeting at the Council chambers in Mission last nite regarding the new Bylaw Mission is trying to pass for the east side of Stave Lake. They are trying to pass a total ban on firearms on the east side. The council chambers were filled to overflowing with people right to both entrances of the building. Needless to say the overwhelming majority of people were hunters. The BC wildlife and game were a huge presence. I only stayed until eight o’clock for roughly 11 speakers as I had heard enough. There was only one person in support of a total ban and that was someone who had worked for BC Hydro for a number of years, is now retired, and traveled back and forth to the powerhouse. Interestingly enough when there was the sex offender institution where Zajac ranch is and when there was Boulder Bay youth offender camp where Tim Horton’s camp is going to be there was a lot less hijinks as the police were transporting people.

The hunters were not interested in the mess left behind by shooters. This mess left behind is not them and their primary focus was on losing their cultural right to hunt. Apparently Maple Ridge first passed a bylaw banning guns in their rural areas and then closed the Rod and Gun club and BC Wildlife can see this happening in Mission if this bylaw is passed.

The speakers that I listened to had concern only for losing their right to hunt and no concern for the mess and safety concerns of the shooters desecrating the forest.

Mission is going to have a tough sell with this new bylaw proposal from what I witnessed.

Noreen Beauvais

** I think she meant to say the west side instead of the east side for the total ban **

06-21-2013, 10:16 AM
2 words. 'Tree Cameras'.

06-21-2013, 10:22 AM
shit derrick i guess we all should have been there to even out the crowd.

Lieutenant Johnson
06-24-2013, 02:34 PM
shit derrick i guess we all should have been there to even out the crowd.

wish I had the day off I woulda been there how bout a FIBC petition for all us wheelers "for" the ban, who couldn't attend

I don't even nod or wave at the gun toting asshats when I pass em just kick up some rocks at their pretty cars parked :)