PDA

View Full Version : 3 min's to Stave ...Can I drive my Quad on the Street?

Honky
04-29-2013, 09:29 AM
I can drive to Stave basically from my backyard but it would be nice to be able to rip down Dewdney trunk legally the short 2-3 mins I would be on the street. I have heard I can possibly get a plate to allow for this but All I can find is this from drivesmrtBC

“The answer to this question is a qualified "yes." If you are operating the all-terrain vehicle for farm, industrial or law enforcement purposes, have an ATV licence plate issued by ICBC and a permit issued by the police force having jurisdiction where the ATV will be operated, then you are good to go.
There are currently no provisions for those who wish to operate an ATV on the highway for pleasure purposes.”

http://www.drivesmartbc.ca/off-road-vehicles/operating-atv-highway

maybe I can get away with something under Farm?

Has anyone tried to get a plate like this?

T-donk
04-29-2013, 11:52 AM
TALK TO GEORDIE KEV HE HAS HIS PLATED

bandog
04-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Im thinking about getting one for my sidexside for legal "snow" removal from my neighbors driveway out here on our Agricultural zoned land. I'll probably get denied.

dirka dave
04-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Just do it. :p

StinkFinger
04-29-2013, 10:23 PM
no you cant
you either need proof of use for work ie forestry
or farm status on your property

EIEIO
04-30-2013, 11:43 AM
they want you to have insurance to drive a quad on a FSR, which is tecnically a highway. I dont see why you could not. Just as long as you have all the safety stuff. lights, turn signals, mud flaps, horn, etc.

Punk in Drublic
04-30-2013, 11:59 AM
get a faster quad. fuck da police.

longhorn
04-30-2013, 06:23 PM
get a faster quad. fuck da police.

Punks way is about the best way.
If you want to drive on the highway buy a Dodge minivan!

UU
04-30-2013, 06:26 PM
its only illegal if you get caught,

unless yer chicken

pokpokpokpokpok

pok

dirka dave
05-01-2013, 06:22 AM
If it makes you feel any better, you need quad insurance to ride on FSR....

Do you have that ?:dontknow:

If no, then drive it where ever you want.:eek:

If I lived where you do, I would be driving it all the time to Stave, but thats me and i am apparently irresponible.[36]

Dirka dirka....

:party0010: .STFU <---- I have my own smilie, i love it.

Trailjunkie
05-01-2013, 11:33 AM
paint yer quad tractor green and wrap a towel round yer head and yer good to go

barracuda
05-01-2013, 08:33 PM
I think there was a link to the plate thing ATVS on here already wasn't there????

kootenaycat
05-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I see a company once a year that does power pole inspections driving their quads along the highway here so I'd say you need to have a "business" where you need to use your quad.