PDA

View Full Version : jeep TJ issue

LiftedPinto
04-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Hey All,

Thought someone here may have an idea about a problem I'm having with my TJ (97 sahara). She starts up fine and runs no problem until you have to make a stop somewhere and restart the engine.

Once you restart and are accelerating in 2nd or 3rd the engine will sputter and she loses power for a few seconds. If I put in the clutch and rev the engine or just shift to the next gear it seems to go away.

Also the RPMs drop real low if you put in the clutch when this happens, almost to the point of stalling

but it only happens when you restart and start driving again and only for a real short time.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

yoda604
04-17-2013, 10:24 AM
pcv valve, air filter, does it happen at operating temp, or just when it's colder. :dontknow:

What's the Kilometers on it.

LiftedPinto
04-17-2013, 07:36 PM
has about 185K on her.... it used to only happen at operating temp but over the last week or so I've notice a couple times it's happened cold.

yoda604
04-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Have you done any maintenance recently? Or semi recently?

Tinker
04-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Tps.....throttle positioning sensor. Try un plugging and cleaning it first dab of dialectic grease and see if that helps. I gots lots of others it may be but id start there.

LiftedPinto
04-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Have you done any maintenance recently? Or semi recently?

Yeah not too far back.. but it's probably time to do some more [16]

Tps.....throttle positioning sensor. Try un plugging and cleaning it first dab of dialectic grease and see if that helps. I gots lots of others it may be but id start there.

Will do Tinker, from what I read online after your post sounds like that could be it

Thanks guys I'll let you know how it goes

yoda604
04-18-2013, 09:53 AM

Yep, good call