View Full Version : Studying for CORE test tomorrow

04-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Any Advice on what to expect for someone challenging the exam? I, already have my PAL

Can I expect the test to be mostly around the review questions or is there some curveball stuff going on?

04-04-2013, 11:53 AM
do good dont suck

dirka dave
04-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Shoot first, ask questions later.

04-04-2013, 12:46 PM
mostly review. if you know the book, you will pass.(not 100%, but a pass) just some good off the record info when you take the course.

04-04-2013, 01:27 PM
You need a high % to pass, the core book is fairly thick, there is some stuff in there that we skipped right through, there's a reason it's done over 2 days lol, lotta stuff to cover, Brian Cummings did my core/restricted/non restricted course, it was easy, I got 100% on everything but my core exam. I got 98% plus he makes some badass moose chili for lunch lol

04-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Why challenge it? Did you take it b4 and fail? I don't think that CORE is something you should be able to challenge. To be a responsible owner and user of firearms and a hunter the course should be mandatory not just the test. Cash grab or not!

My 2 cents

04-04-2013, 02:14 PM
anyone that charges to challenge the core is just that, a cash grab, I would like to see someone pass the core test without doing the course first, its not as easy to do it as people think,

04-04-2013, 07:54 PM
I Already have my RPAL I took the course.

I have a very decent idea of most hunting laws techniques and ethics.
Plus I have read the book end to end.

I'm challenging the test because the course didn't fall on dates I was available. and for the price its going to cost me I don't have much to loose trying.

I'll go over the book again, well if I pass I will consider myself lucky or smart.

But If I was able to I DEFINATELY would have taken the course.

I intend to start hunting in sept when grouse season starts.
Not intending to hunt big game any time soon, I have a bad spine/shoulder
so hi-power hurts.

Thanks for the advice and info.

04-04-2013, 09:17 PM
when i did mine about 6 years ago the core book had "supplemental sections" for each chapter of the book and was told you don't have to read them for the test but i did anyways.

04-05-2013, 06:11 PM
OH YEAH I PASSED! the challenge. cost me $20 in salmon arm

BUT I did 3 days of intense reading of the core book, which was a challenge when you have an attention span like

YAY I passed. now to wait for grouse season. mm chicken
cant shoot more than the .410 right now my shoulder/spine operation has worn out.