PDA

View Full Version : child car seat in a toyota

Toyquad
03-17-2013, 12:07 AM
searched google, got about 10 pages of seat swap info, and lots of info on newer toyota's. but thats not what im looking for.

I got a 85 toy ext cab with bucket seats. Did toyota provide any means on securing a child car seat in this truck?

I've seen a few people with car seats in 1st and 2nd gen trucks, but i cant see any "factory" way to secure the car seat.

help!! wifes going back to work soon, and if i want to continue dd my truck im gonna need to secure a car seat in it......

apefrill
03-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Are you looking for a way to secure the tether strap? Back in the 80s there wasn't such a thing so chances are you won't find anything to secure it to but you can drill a hole in back of the cab behind the seat or the floor to put the tether bolt through. Only way to do it in older trucks as far as I know. Or just strap the seat in without the tether. Did that in my old bronco, my kids were good like that :dontknow:

C-Dog
03-17-2013, 01:12 AM
A long time ago I took my moms Jeep to the Dealer and they installed the hooks that the tether strap hooks too years ago they covered it all except the cost of the hook

Or do what April said and drill holes with bolts and washers and the hook and yer good to go

4skin
03-17-2013, 02:14 AM
Thought there was a tether that atatched to the rear seat belt in the extended cabs

harvester_sorrow
03-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Thought there was a tether that atatched to the rear seat belt in the extended cabs

i didnt know there were rear seat belts in the second gens :dontknow:

Toyquad
03-17-2013, 08:52 PM
i'll take a closer look buti havent seen anything to attach a car seat to