View Full Version : Tranny question

03-06-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm putting a 1985 700R4 in my 81 Jimmy that usually has a TH350. The tranny electrical connector on the 700R4 has a 4 pin plug two wire connector (blue and green wires) and the TH350 has a 2 pin plug one wire connector (green wire I think). I know these wires are for the TCC (Torque converter clutch) in each tranny and is only used in top gear for locking up the converter at cruising speeds like along the flat. This is what I've learned over the years lol and my be incorrect. I took a 700R4 out of my plow truck yrs ago and just put in a th350 and didnt bother with the wires. All the emission stuff has been done away with too. So now with putting a 700R4 in my Jimmy it will be nice just to have o\d to cruise to the local wheelin' spots. The 700R4 was free yet just wondering if I can hook up the 700R4 TCC connnection to my one wire set up in my Jimmy. I see there is a vacuum valve the wires go to so I expect that needs to be hooked up to intake manifold and ?. As far as I know the TCC if not hooked up will just mean no locked up converter in o/d?

03-06-2013, 10:10 AM
hello , i have been told by the old hot rooders that all you need to do is run to a toggle switch to achieve over drive but i have forgotten which one is ground and what is hot , may be book can tell you ? [cheers]

03-06-2013, 10:11 AM
oh I thought you were refering to a damn yankees prefered partner to get felated.

03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
oh I thought you were refering to a damn yankees prefered partner to get felated.

fucker.. lol

dirka dave
03-06-2013, 01:47 PM

03-06-2013, 02:08 PM
make sure you hook up the throttle valve(TV Valve) proper. If ya dont it will burn the transmission up in no time. Also use the 700r4 converter.

google it

but ya you can just use a toggle to control the lock up solenoid

03-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Sounds good! I'll google it too!