PDA

View Full Version : wtb: entry level crawler

black442
02-10-2013, 08:12 PM
looking to buy my first rc crawler. looking for someting i can add too down the road but have no desire to do any competing. cant decide between the losi night crawler and the axial. all opinions and advice is greatly appreciated.

cheers: colby

atoyot
02-10-2013, 08:35 PM
losi is a great product and at my LHS is 300 no remote/battery...

the axial scorpion rtr is like 350.. comes with entry level remote n batt both upgradeable..

if u dont have a remote or anything id go axial godd for the $$$ RTR kits

atoyot
02-10-2013, 08:37 PM
p.s light kits 15$
can add it to axial if u want lights...lol
i have both n like them both for different reasons.....
both good products

C-Dog
02-11-2013, 12:39 AM
I would say buy a kit and build it....select the radio and stuff after I bought RTR first and then spent way to much $$$$ upgrading to what the Kit came with

Next purchase I bought kit for sure

lol have a look at Axial Wraith it's a sweet machine

Don't get me wrong RTR for the $$$$ are fun but u always dump $$$$$ in and it's never down the road it's right away lol

4skin
02-11-2013, 12:50 AM
X2 on the kit and build it and a decent radio
My rtr scx 10 had plastic suspension arms
Broke them within a week and upgraded to the aluminum arms
The kit comes with aluminum
And had to replace radio in six months

black442
02-11-2013, 11:18 AM
awsome, thanks for all the info guys. the axial and the losi are basically the same price online for a rtr. i know ill upgrade the battery right away and from what i've read the losi needs a stonger steering servo right off the bat (not a big deal). tough decision. i'm just looking for something to play around with in the back yard and camping. thanks again

colby

crazybushcreature
02-11-2013, 11:42 AM
i would go axial just my opinion

C-Dog
02-11-2013, 12:51 PM
awsome, thanks for all the info guys. the axial and the losi are basically the same price online for a rtr. i know ill upgrade the battery right away and from what i've read the losi needs a stonger steering servo right off the bat (not a big deal). tough decision. i'm just looking for something to play around with in the back yard and camping. thanks again

colby

That's how it always starts,,,

I just wanna rip around the back yard or the camp sight and then

Bammmmmm u strip the steering servo or bend the plastic links lol :-( funs over

When u buy the kit u save $$$ buy kit , build it then but the time your done building u have saved more $$$$$ and can now afford the decent radio gear and steering Servo and batts :D

4skin
02-11-2013, 04:02 PM
And know how to fix it

Apathy
02-11-2013, 04:16 PM
the axial RTR are pretty good. It was a long time before i did any upgrades.

Now i just have upgraded links, new motor, and steering servo.

oh, and i use my HPI control on it. (use the axial remote on teh HPI)

hpi controler had better control, and i don't need that kind of precision with the nitro car.. its just GO REAL FAST

4skin
02-11-2013, 09:00 PM
I want to upgrade to a multi car radio
Sucks having 5 radios for six cars

spencer_316_316
02-12-2013, 09:18 AM
I got a losi comp crawler and a axial rock racer with tube chassis 250 without charger 300 with charger

Metal Mulisha
02-12-2013, 11:55 AM
The Axial Scorpion is a great RTR to start, sure you will break some of the weak plastic links but its good to go. The Axial Wraith is a Beast, just picked one up a few weeks back & so far so good