PDA

View Full Version : saved from the scrap yard

Toyquad
12-09-2012, 10:53 PM
So against my better judgment ( without the wife's premission) a couple months ago i bought a 85 ex cab off of bc4x4. It was listed as a parts truck as the right rear spring hanger by the gas tank was broken away from the frame:dontknow:
It also didnt have papers. the truck had switch hands a few times and the papers were lost.

My original plan was to take the cab, motor and all the fuel injection stuff amd swap it onto my 4 runner frame as my 4 runner body is rotted to shit

In order to do that somewhat legally i would need to get the papers for the 85 truck. So a bunch of icbc bullshit and 2 weeks later the last registered owner contacted me and signed the papers overoh yeah

Thats when things changed. I was bored, had a welder with a spool full of wire, and a bunch of metal. So i did what any toyota person would do, i welded the frame back together.

so now i have a good running truck with a mint body, in my name and what i would call a road worthy frame.

no pics of the progress, and i will take some better ones tomorrow, heres some pics of when i first got it home..... yes thats a come-a-long holding the frame together:D

youngun
12-10-2012, 02:46 AM
I saw that truck and was going to do that myself but the no papers thing turned me off. Glad it didn't get parted out!!!

Tunabomber
12-10-2012, 08:59 AM
isnt kinda kinda like giving a terminally ill person a chocolate bar :rolleyes:

Toyquad
12-10-2012, 12:18 PM
And after sitting for 4 years, oil change, fresh gas and it passed aircare

Toyquad
12-10-2012, 01:39 PM
heres some pics of it all cleaned up and with a matching set of tires and wheels

TWOZEROFOUR
12-10-2012, 02:38 PM
right on, thats frame damage is F all for a toyota