PDA

View Full Version : Dana 60 spindles

skyjacker
12-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Ok so might be converting a ford Dana 60 front from single wheel to a Dually set up ,I have a set of Chevy Dually hubs I'm thinking of useing according to my reasearch the fords and Chevys use the same wheel bearings but they use different spindles , is the only difference in the spindles the bolt pattern ? Chevy/dodge and fords are different , as long as they use the same bearings and are they same lenght I should be able to pull the Chevy Dually hub and put it onto the ford and leave the origional spindles on the diff

Anyone had any experience with this ?

4skin
12-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Ford spindles are different length you could do it by changing whole knuckle
If you search it think it was on pirate really good teck on the Dana 60
I did a bunch of reading because I need a dually ford 60 for my dodge
If I remember right there was some guys were re drilling the knuckle to take the Chevy spindle and you need the Chevy outer stub axle
Didn't seem like the right thing to do to me though

Happypants
12-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I put ford knuckles/hubs/ from a ford 44 on a Chevy 44 and it worked, all I had to do was change the stub shaft cause one was 3/4" different than the other, I'm not sure about Spindals thou, check the length of the spindals

andrewmacc
12-03-2012, 06:49 PM
On my HP60, I used everything from the stubshaft outwards from the Dodge axle I had. The stubshaft is slightly different in length, so that you can put the endclip on. Reason I did so was that the Dodge knuckles are stronger.

Anyway:

Dana 60 Ford Spindle, 79 -92 King Pin axles

Sold individually, one required per side
Includes new inner bearings and seals
5 hole, 7" Long with 6.5" Dia. flange
Dana Spicer PN: 700022x---------------------

Ford Spindle, 92-97 ball joint axles for Dana 60

Sold individually, one required per side
5 hole, 7" Long with 7" Dia. flange
Dana Spicer PN: 708085x

---------------------------------------

Dana 60 GM and Dodge (74 to 93) spindle.

Includes new spindle bearings and seals (bearings installed).
6 hole 7.5" long, 7" diameter flange.
Sold individually, one required per side.

source:
https://www.4wdfactory.com/store/categories.php?category=Dana-60/Spindles%2C-Wheel-Bearings%2C-Axle-seals%2C-Mud-slingers

skyjacker
12-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanx for the info guys , my ford 60 is a balljoint and the Chevy is a KP that's why I was hopeing to use the hubs , I know they use the same bearings it was the spindle length I was worried about and I guess that will be a problem ,will just halfto find a ford Dually 60 I guess , ive sold 2 sets of ford Dually axles too dam me lol