PDA

View Full Version : axle u joints

Legend
11-28-2012, 04:17 PM
So I need to replace my front ujoints pronto and was wondering if regular joints you would get from lordco are good enough or should i really consider some spicers or somthing else.
Dana 30 with chromos.

BleepinJeep
11-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Spicer all the way! Lordho's joints are garbage. Coast powertrain for spicers.

Legend
11-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Oh and what do people prefer greasable or non

Happypants
11-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Definitly greasable!! And Goto coast power train to get your u-joints, not Lordco, Lordco gets them from coast and marks them up!

BleepinJeep
11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
much prefer non greasable myself, they have a really nice ribbed seal to keep shit out, I haven't had any failures since I stopped using precision and changed to Spicer non greasable . I did have to use the greasables in my cardon joint because of clearance issues

B
11-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Definitly greasable!! And Goto coast power train to get your u-joints, not Lordco, Lordco gets them from coast and marks them up!

lordco sell precision joints garbage by comparison i might use em in a drive shalf but never ever in a axle ujoint

just be quiet when u dont know what your talking about will ya ... :dontknow:

you want non greaseables kyle there stronger and keeps all the shit out plus the greasebles are a bitch to get in and properly grease so you dont grease them i have the spicers in stock kyle

ill give ya a good deal on em [cheers]

BleepinJeep
11-28-2012, 05:18 PM
I asked lordco if they had spicers, they said yes and pulled out an AC delco box, looked identical to precision:rolleyes:.

Rubiconmike
11-29-2012, 04:52 PM
This will help get the unit off.
Worked for me. Good read.
http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/unitbearing/unitbearing-1.htm

BleepinJeep
11-29-2012, 05:06 PM
This will help get the unit off.
Worked for me. Good read.
http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/unitbearing/unitbearing-1.htm
Yup works like a charm! Make sure to coat in antiseize before re-install, then next time it will fall off once you take out the bolts

Happypants
11-29-2012, 05:09 PM
lordco sell precision joints garbage by comparison i might use em in a drive shalf but never ever in a axle ujoint

just be quiet when u dont know what your talking about will ya ... :dontknow:

you want non greaseables kyle there stronger and keeps all the shit out plus the greasebles are a bitch to get in and properly grease so you dont grease them i have the spicers in stock kyle

ill give ya a good deal on em [cheers]

:run away :run away :run away