PDA

View Full Version : Engine swaps

Mr.Zuki
11-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Does anyone still swap to Chev power in their Toys?

toyon35s
11-08-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm in the middle of doing this swap, putting a 383stroker in my 88 4runner , lots of people put v6 and v8 Chevys also 302 ford motors in their toys , pretty basic swaps if you have the time and money for the little things needed

StinkFinger
11-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I have the bellhousing clutch assembly if any one is thinking about it it's all new never used

4skin
11-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Hosers runner had a smallblock in it
He swaped the 3.4 toy v six back into it and it works better
I have a crossmember and driveshafts to do a small block
Th350 205 tcase into a 4 runner

hoser
11-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Hosers runner had a smallblock in it
He swaped the 3.4 toy v six back into it and it works better
I have a crossmember and driveshafts to do a small block
Th350 205 tcase into a 4 runner

yep hated that fucken smallblock in there...now its back to all toyota[36]

Griswold
11-09-2012, 05:03 PM
yep hated that fucken smallblock in there...now its back to all toyota[36]

[36][cheers][36]

SHITTY
11-10-2012, 09:06 AM
i had a 5.7ltr iroc motor in mine miss the horse power. i would do a v6 if i was to do it again. i have the adapter from trans to transfer case still if anyone wants it. offers for it. no out put shaft though don't know where it went.

Mr.Zuki
11-10-2012, 09:52 AM
I was hopeing on letting the one I have go but no one seems to want to do a swap. I have the orignal 4.3L I built to use with but not have since passed the 4x4-th350 along the road. So if anyone is interested in a 300hp 4.3 and a Downey offroad adapter....

I built the 4.3 to run on propane with 10-1 (box said 10-1 with 76cc sbc heads) bored 60 over, had the block decked, with the 64cc chamber heads, and decking it should creat around a 11.5-1 cr and is perfect for propane. Then you get great milage with higher octane fuel, and a fuel injyection setup that will run upside down. I have yet to build the windage tray for it but that is minor and cheap so running an steap angles would not starve the engine of oil. It is the first engine to run the roller lifters and I replaces all of them with new ones and the stock cam already has some very large lobes compared to a stock flat tapet cam. Edelbrock makes a SWEET cam for this engine and if I do use this in my crrent projyect I am going to install one of these very shortly. I have managed to pick up 2 stock 4-barrel intakes for this engine so breaking it in with a carb will be fine and then running the propane system will be an easy install. I know Edelbrock and various others make manifolds for this engine but I have 2 of these sitting here so no sence in spending more cash.

As for exhaust, I have factory tubeular exhaust manifolds and they look very much like a shorty header and probably flow just as well. Took awhile to find a left side one but the right side seem to be on everything.

Have most of the accessories to run the serpintine belt on is with ps, alt... But have never gotten that far. Now with this 49' I am building, I am back into building this to run in it but if someone were to want to use this for a Toyota projyect, I am sure I could be talked out of it. As I said, I built most of it for 4x4'n and wanted something smaller, lighter and with some power, and if it gets put together right it will do all of that!