PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fab help in the Okanagan

veinotte
11-04-2012, 03:33 AM
I must confess I work too much in the wrong industry now to do much fab work.
No longer have a mig or torches, or a bender. And I think I was ok welding up bike stands but maybe not anything cool and structural jeep stuff. So.. If you are so equipped and can and will do some of this stuff I would like to meet you.

I picked up a stock 06 LJ, decided on 315/75-16 duratracs and spacers to mount the stock moabs.
It has stock bumpers and a winch w/plate on it now and a factory rear hitch.
Been looking at having some made locally if it makes sense. Would like weld through d ring mounts and maybe a small tube over then winch for lights and a couple holes in the face of both front and rear bumpers also for lights .Bumpers should be frame tied and a 2" receiver with chain loops is a must. Needs a tire carrier to support the new fs spare tire and a highlift my. Would also like to turn the rock guards into steps.

I want to limit the lift on this puppy so is considered high lining it. Any of you ever highline your own tj. I picked up a set of 7" low buck flares for that purpose- but a set of tube fender that truly covered the tires would be my first choice. ( but no one makes those in a 6-8" flare to actually cover tires. so we are back at custom fabbing).
If I do end up lifting ill likely out board the shocks so ill need someone to weld the mounts on for me.

So if you or someone you know out here in the Okanagan is good and might be interested in a bit of custom fab for a fellow wheeler let me know. Cheers, Marc

g-rod
11-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Younggun, heard jeeps are his fovorite

92xcab
11-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Get a hold of Youngun for sure.

veinotte
11-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Thanks guys, i'll get in touch.

Mr.Zuki
11-09-2012, 09:25 AM
If you need some hands please let me know when and where and I can do my best to be there.

fullsizebronco
11-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Younggun, heard jeeps are his fovorite

X2 and lol!

veinotte
11-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Well step one is happening tomorrow afternoon and sat am if need be... Now I just need to book an alignment and tire mounting when I'm done.

Metalcloak game changer lite suspension is going in so I can mount my duratracs.

Custom fab bumpers, belly up skid and other fun are next

youngun
11-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Let me know if you need anything built up :)

veinotte
11-30-2012, 02:54 AM
Well ill likely need a hand relocating the rear spring bucket and shock mounts on sat if anyone has a welder and can drop in for a bit. My goal is to get be front done and as much of the rear as i can friday afteroon /evening. Sat am id like to finsh so incould take it for and alignment sat at some point.

Anyone have recommendations? Ill supply beer if anyone wants to lend a hand.

youngun
11-30-2012, 10:05 AM
I got a welder but its all setup in my shop not really portable.

Might be able to get a mobile welding guy but they are usually spendy