PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal assemblys

Happypants
09-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Picked up a 94 f250,7.3L IDI 5 speed turbo diesel, having issues with the stupid bushing that goes to the pedal assembly where it keeps destroying the
Bushings, anyone know of any fixes for this problem? I was thinking of finding a 3/8's heim and knocking the little arm it sits on out the
Threading in a bolt and connecting the heim to the rod for the master to it,

Anyone ever have this problem? And what ya did to permenantly fix it?

skyjacker
09-20-2012, 12:59 AM
I've fixed 3 of these nick I put new pedal assemblies in all 3 , order new bushings for the pivot shaft that the clutch and brake pedal are on , replace those and make sure that the aluminum bracket isn't worn down , and yes there is a special Hime joint rod end you can get to replace the stupid bushing that goes from the master rod to the pedal , it's a pain but doable , there's a guy on YouTube that has an install vid on the Hime joint upgrade , its under powerstroke help I beleve , if you need any help just give me a shout I'm getting pritty good at it now lol

skyjacker
09-20-2012, 01:06 AM
One other thing , check for firewall flex push the pedal and have someone watch the firewall from under the hood and under the truck , the firewalls and known for failing and ford offers reinforcing kits if the firewall is fucked , having this issiue can cause repeated problems with the pedal assemble and could also cause ur clutch to wear out cuz ur master is not fully disengaging kinda like letting ur foot rest on the clutch pedal well driving

Punk in Drublic
09-20-2012, 05:17 AM
when i replaced mine on the old truck i braced up the firewall as that is the cause of the problem usually

Chopstick
09-20-2012, 03:15 PM
hahaha have fun!! that stupid little clip that holds on to the pedal to push rod to master kept falling off while i was in downtown vancouver.. went to PA an bought some small vise grips, never came off again lol well if its your fire wall those are fun to fix as well.... stupid fords lol

Happypants
09-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Already have replaced the entire bracket, and the firewall is fine its the master cylinder is being a cunt with that bushing so I'm getting rid of it all together,

g-rod
09-20-2012, 09:13 PM
ebay the heim kit, 20 bucks i think

Happypants
09-20-2012, 09:27 PM
40 bux auctually, and its already been shipped to my place, just waiting.......and waiting.....also waiting for my injector return line kit as well.....waiting.........and waiting lol lol

Troy
09-22-2012, 10:11 PM
do u still have that dirtymax?

Happypants
09-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Yup, well I don't, it's still around but in delta now