PDA

View Full Version : Plasma cutters

skyjacker
09-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Looking for some opinions on plasma cutters , I'd love to get a miller but just don't have that much cash , wondering if any of you guys have used the weldking cool cut machines , are they decent or just junk? And are there any other machines out there that are decent ?

Or is anyone selling a miller for a decent price lol?

Murd0c
09-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Brink on Crawlin sells these

http://www.longevity-inc.ca/

youngun
09-04-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a longevity for doing cuts by hand and cutting up old junk and what not.

Cuts pretty good, just have to be carefull with the torch head, they are not as durable as the higher up brands. Mine fell 3 feet to a concrete floor and a ceramic ring inside the torch head broke. I got a new one now and am just more carful with it. Works good tho, have cut 5/8" plate with it before with good results.

Uses the same consumables as the kms tools weldking machine which is nice.

I have a powermax 85 for my cnc, I have not used it yet but im expecting it to cut MUCH nicer then the longevity unit. But it better seeing as it was ALOT more money

skyjacker
09-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Yea those don't look too bad what size machine do you have?

youngun
09-05-2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_263/Multi-Purpose-Units/WeldMax-250i.php

I have that machine, stick welder works decent. Not as good as my miller big40 engine driven but its ok.

Tig welder seems to work pretty good, just started playing around with it on some stainless

84tercel
09-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Brink on Crawlin sells these

http://www.longevity-inc.ca/

I bought one of these, has worked great so far! I got the unit that's a plasma cutter, tig, stick welder combo. Very excited to learn tig welding now lol

skyjacker
09-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Yea I already have a miller mig , so all I need is straight plasma

youngun
09-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I bought mine multi machine just cause the prices are so close and you never know when you might want/need to stick or tig something

4skin
09-05-2012, 05:03 PM
dont like the ide of the all in one machines
if one part quits you have to send it out to get fixed and have nothing
i have the miller 375 extreme plasma
nice because it will run on 110 or 220
and i have ran it off a 99 buck air compressor
a buddy bought one that lordo was selling and its a pain to get consumables
tips cups etc
my 2cents

skyjacker
09-05-2012, 11:03 PM
dont like the ide of the all in one machines
if one part quits you have to send it out to get fixed and have nothing
i have the miller 375 extreme plasma
nice because it will run on 110 or 220
and i have ran it off a 99 buck air compressor
a buddy bought one that lordo was selling and its a pain to get consumables
tips cups etc
my 2cents

Yea I've been trying to find a used miller for awhile but they don't come up for sale very often , booooo

Cwheeler
09-06-2012, 07:18 PM
i passed up a hypermax for 800$ and still kicken myself.... miller lincoln or hypermax are all good machines ther around used just gotta come across em