PDA

View Full Version : tail light issue *cherokee*

thrillbilly
07-10-2012, 11:52 PM
got a notice and order for a tail light failure the other day.
im told its a pretty common issue but no solution yet.
bulb, fuse #7 under passenger fuse panel, nothing.
and im told i cant splice the wire from the right side or the turn signal will be screwed up.

is it a common issue to have to replace the whole assembly?
if so ill pick up a tail light asap. or else its a 500+$ ticket and a VI, says constable asshat.

I know it should be fixed, and he was doing his job, but its not just a bulb failure its wiring issue. fml.

Happypants
07-11-2012, 12:04 AM
does it have a trailer hitch plug thats been spliced into the tail lights? typically its on the drivers side and it causes the wireing to fuck up, if it does, pull it out and re solder the wires for the lights and it should be better,

or just sell it............:D

thrillbilly
07-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Cool thanks man it does have a hitch and plugin I'll check it out after work.
Much appreciated.

Chopstick
07-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Check with a volt meter before ripping an soldering your wires. Why do all that work if it isn't the problem. I bet it's just an easy fix

thrillbilly
07-13-2012, 04:33 PM
found my multimeter today, trailer wiring seemed legit. time to test it all out.
crashed on bmx yesterday seperated shoulder and torn shoulder acl. fml.

will post up once i find my issue

thrillbilly
07-18-2012, 07:38 PM
after some tinkerin around my brake lights work now, and my taillights still dont work. got some batteries for my voltmeter ill check the four prongs in the socket.

anyone know if garys in maple ridge is any good for jeep stuff? i need front turn signal for a '99.

vajayjay
07-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Garys and jeep stuff yeah right.

Check the actual bulb socket, they sometimes screw up

Chopstick
07-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Check your ground too