PDA

View Full Version : Trail Bike

longhorn
07-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Think this is worth $500?
I know theres intrest in these old Hondas but dont know what they are worth.
Its supposed to be in decent shape and runs good.

RCCruiser
07-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I have a few of those. That one seems to be in ok shape. Your asking price is pretty good.
Good luck with the sale.

If you end up giving it away, let me know. :D

longhorn
07-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Nah its not mine , i was thinking about buying it for grandson.

Hello Kitty
07-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Yup and lowball a bit but looks in great shape, great bikes especially for a grandson
[cheers]

atoyot
07-08-2012, 10:08 PM
:D also got a few........ but mine got allot more chrome.....:)
that one looks ok....
and ya price is about right....id still offer less...:p

been offered 2500 for my supermint late 60s 90cc....but its not forsale.

they are worth $$ to some people ......

i like em cause they are old hondas [36]

n i have an awesome hording fetish for old honda stuff...:rolleyes:
.i think youll make out ok for 500 ....[cheers] .

.and heres a couple more random smileys:cool: [36] [36] :vroam:

Chopstick
07-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Man I learned how to bike on that bike wen I was 10. Those things are wikkid

StinkFinger
07-09-2012, 09:36 AM
If it's all there and runs good you could clean it up I see them going for $1500 regularly in good shape

bcmaxx
07-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Awesome lil bikes, If I could find one locally for that price I'd buy it. I found that high rpm downshifting liked to detooth cam sprockets on the 70 and 90. Only bad point I can think of

kootenaycat
07-09-2012, 10:57 PM
One of the first bikes I ever rode, CT70! Still worth $500 but start low.

barracuda
07-10-2012, 01:07 PM
If it's all there and runs good you could clean it up I see them going for $1500 regularly in good shape

Im with Owen - well worth the 500 they regularly go for several times that. Leahs got a 1974 that looks the same the nice thing about the ct 70 is that they are also street legal so jump through the hoops and you can now have a plated minibike to zip around camp with or even down to the store

RCCruiser
07-12-2012, 06:19 PM
the nice thing about the ct 70 is that they are also street legal so jump through the hoops and you can now have a plated minibike to zip around camp with or even down to the store
Most of them are stamped on the side "Not for street use" or something along those lines.
Some were manufactured to be insured, but most weren't. They were, afterall, called a Trail 70.
I have looked into converting mine to be street legal. This is what I've found:

Must have speedometer. Must have headlights, tail lights, and turn signals, etc. Must have high beam / low beam and indicator light. (The stock speedometer has the high beam indicator). Must have DOT tires (no made in China dirt specials)

And the most important, is the VIN.

The original VIN does not have enough numbers for ICBC. So, basically you have to have it inspected as a 2012 Ubilt. (ICBC can't spell)

The other issue, is if they run the original VINs, and that bike was stolen at any point in it's life, you will no longer own it. ;)

barracuda
07-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Most of them are stamped on the side "Not for street use" or something along those lines.
Some were manufactured to be insured, but most weren't. They were, afterall, called a Trail 70.
I have looked into converting mine to be street legal. This is what I've found:

Must have speedometer. Must have headlights, tail lights, and turn signals, etc. Must have high beam / low beam and indicator light. (The stock speedometer has the high beam indicator). Must have DOT tires (no made in China dirt specials)

And the most important, is the VIN.

The original VIN does not have enough numbers for ICBC. So, basically you have to have it inspected as a 2012 Ubilt. (ICBC can't spell)

The other issue, is if they run the original VINs, and that bike was stolen at any point in it's life, you will no longer own it. ;)

incorrect they have to conform to the MVA as per year of manufacture and and most pre 80s CT70s st 90's ct 90's and 110's were street legal.
I have allready gone through the process :confused0006: . The plate on it will say conforms to (insert year) MVA etc etc its an actual plate .

The 17 digit Vin number didnt come into effect till about 19 80 ish so pre 80s vehicles could have any number of numbers and letters.

unless it has "not for highway use" it was a streetlegal ct70 .
if the plate or numbers are missing it may in fact be a stolen bike (easy to check online in the database)

if the person at ICBC does not know how to register a 1970's vehicle then keep climbing the ladder and go to the head office .

RCCruiser
07-15-2012, 11:55 AM
incorrect they have to conform to the MVA as per year of manufacture and and most pre 80s CT70s st 90's ct 90's and 110's were street legal..
Weird. Every CT70 I've ever seen says not for highway use, except one....which was driving on the street with plates, and couldn't see as it drove by.
The 90s and 110s I agree were mostly street legal, as they are more of a scooter type bike.
As for the VIN, I was told that it didn't have enough digits to insure. I guess I should dig deeper.

But I wonder...how many CT70's actually get sold with papers? How would one transfer it into their name without proof of ownership?

RCCruiser
07-15-2012, 12:10 PM
This is decal I'm talking about...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/RunnerRyan/Cars/C40.jpg

Anyways, here's a good site to get pretty much anything you need for a CT70:
http://www.hondaminitrail.com/ct70.html

barracuda
07-15-2012, 02:20 PM
if its never been registered with icbc (remember they only started in 1974) then a notery is your friend .

if it has been , you gotta try to contact the last registered owner and then go from there depending on the out come and follow the procedures.

plenty of dual sports are bought but never registered and insured then another guy will buy it down the road and then they have to do the exact same thing .

i have had a person contact me in regards to a trail bike i owned years before that had changed hands several times over and they were going through the motions to register and insure it.

The exact same issues are gonna come up with the mandatory plateing of ORV,s quads etc next year.

there is not a sticker anywhere to be found that says not for highway use on Leahs CT70 or on any that i have had in fact i had a parts bike that had the original number plate etc and could have been insured that i told Dirka to pick up if he wanted it but he didnt so it went to the squish.

RCCruiser
07-15-2012, 03:55 PM
i had a parts bike that had the original number plate etc and could have been insured that i told Dirka to pick up if he wanted it but he didnt so it went to the squish.
You're killin' me!

You can see the decal in the pic at the beginning of this thread. It's the one on the side of the bike, just under the seat.

barracuda
07-15-2012, 04:41 PM
every one we have had have had these two on them or at least the number plate which is the most important one.

the sticker on thje other side is silver and is about the exaust and modification (or not to ) or black stickers saying the same thing

http://www.hondatrail70.com/ct70id.htm

RCCruiser
07-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Interesting.
All mine have the number plate, but they all have the 'not for street use' decal as well.

Maybe I'll have to get my turn signals working again....