PDA

View Full Version : so you want to change the heater core in you 97 expedition 4x4wair

jnyblazer
06-02-2012, 03:47 PM
so i thought i would share the fun job of changing out the heater core in the x-box, everyone i talked to said it was going to be hell. :dontknow: not sure it was that bad. anyways took some pics of the job

jnyblazer
06-02-2012, 04:09 PM
so pic one is the dash still in, glove box out, with door sills out
pic.2 is the a/c machine
pic.3 is getting all the little 10mm screws out
pic.4 is getting the plastic out of the way of the steering colume
pic.5 is a/c machine all hooked up to evacuate the a/c
pic.6 is colume dropped to sneeky screws under caps center dash
pic.7 is rusty getting all the wiring harrness undone
pic.8 is the little helpers, helping by staying out of the shop
pic.9 is the heater box undone, there are a few sneeky ones in the very back, to get the old heater core out cut the lines with dremmel disk
pic. 10 just a close up of the same

and the dealer time on this is 10hrs shop time, we did it in three, hmmm wonder how they build those huge dealers?

streetstomper
06-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Soooo much fun eh, I have done my share of these.

rat trap
06-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Should of bought a jeep.........:ballsmack :ballsmack :ballsmack

jnyblazer
06-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Soooo much fun eh, I have done my share of these.

yes not the most exciting job on the planet..lol

jnyblazer
06-03-2012, 09:39 AM

if i wanted a quad i would have bought a honda....:D

kootenaycat
06-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Used to be one of my favourite jobs in the trade, actually made ya use yer head! Wish I could have brought the customer out half way through though to make them appreciate the work I did. Maybe if they saw the complete dash sitting on the front seats they wouldn't have bitched when a heater core or evaporator took all day to do. :D

jnyblazer
06-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Used to be one of my favourite jobs in the trade, actually made ya use yer head! Wish I could have brought the customer out half way through though to make them appreciate the work I did. Maybe if they saw the complete dash sitting on the front seats they wouldn't have bitched when a heater core or evaporator took all day to do. :D

no shit eh!

4skin
06-04-2012, 08:24 AM
you bought a jeep if its so great why are you building a baby blazer:dontknow:

78bronco
06-04-2012, 12:21 PM
meh not that bad no differnt then the trailblazers or 94+ dodge rams ..try a 94+S10 there loads of fun specialy if you dont know about the hidden bolt

78bronco
06-04-2012, 12:22 PM
you bought a jeep if its so great why are you building a baby blazer:dontknow:

he hasnt tride to take the heater core out of a twisted crinkeld fire walled jeep yet :D