PDA

View Full Version : SAS

KronicCrawler
05-30-2012, 11:21 PM
I guess this thread should have gone here, not in the new member section

Its TIME ... time for the solid axle swap . im sick of not making it over the simple shit without digg'n a couple of holes and hammering on my diffs , yes diffs didnt think it was possable with the Ifs frame all around the front carrier but i hit so hard it cracked the front cover plate ancor point . I had built an axle wrap bar for the rear and it has a heavy mounting bracket to stop the leafs wraping so much.
The bracket is good but now the carrier tube is starting to tare :ballsmack

I need a solid front axle and 5.29's
anyone got any thoughts before i start ? if I dont stick with toyota solid front , 85 i guess, it will likely be a Rock asult from scratch ,cha ching . prob cant afford a locker if i go new. I knew someone with some parts just sitting in his garrage . but have not heard back from him .Any recent upgrades ? need to unload ur old shit ?
[36]Chronic Crawlers [36]

KronicCrawler
06-03-2012, 01:08 PM
ouch , nothing eh ?
well i just picked up a used front axle and I'm in the process of striping it , i'll get it all together before i start cutting out the IFS . looks petty straight forward. got all the gear i need to do it just wish i had the shop built , wrenching on the gravel is a bitch , but hey its only small rocks . ( NO WHINING )
so is there anyone that wishes they did it differently? or am I worried about nothing ?

4skin
06-03-2012, 02:47 PM
i fabbed all mine when i ddid my 86 runner
what i would do diferent is just buy the trailgear ifs elimination kit
wound up costing me 300 bucks more to do it than the kit
not incluiding the steel the bolts or grinder and zip cuts disks
the kit comes with everything to rebuild diff seals trunion bearings
vented disks hi steer mount diff
and be prepaired to lift the rear at the same time

StinkFinger
06-05-2012, 12:12 PM
^^^^best advice out there^^^^

I've seen so many people pice shit together and in the end you can't do as complete of a job cheeper or easier than the TG kit