PDA

View Full Version : SAS

KronicCrawler
05-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Its TIME ... time for the solid axle swap . im sick of not making it over the simple shit without digg'n a couple of holes and hammering on my diffs , yes diffs didnt think it was possable with the Ifs frame all around the front carrier but i hit so hard it cracked the front cover plate ancor point . I had built an axle wrap bar for the rear and it has a heavy mounting bracket to stop the leafs wraping so much.
The bracket is good but now the carrier tube is starting to tare :ballsmack

I need a solid front axle and 5.29's
anyone got any thoughts before i start ? if I dont stick with toyota solid front , 85 i guess, it will likely be a Rock asult from scratch ,cha ching . prob cant afford a locker if i go new. I knew someone with some parts just sitting in his garrage . but have not heard back from him .Any recent upgrades ? need to unload ur old shit ?
[36]Chronic Crawlers [36]

KronicCrawler
05-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Oh ya its a 87 Toyota 4runner 22RE, 4" lift, Detroit locker, 35" Super Swampers

procircuit
05-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Oh man I feel bad for you... Go read what's expected of your first post and redo real quick

Hello Kitty
05-30-2012, 09:58 PM
High
[cheers]

Hello Kitty
05-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Its TIME ... time for the solid axle swap . im sick of not making it over the simple shit without digg'n a couple of holes and hammering on my diffs , yes diffs didnt think it was possable with the Ifs frame all around the front carrier but i hit so hard it cracked the front cover plate ancor point . I had built an axle wrap bar for the rear and it has a heavy mounting bracket to stop the leafs wraping so much.
The bracket is good but now the carrier tube is starting to tare :ballsmack

I need a solid front axle and 5.29's
anyone got any thoughts before i start ? if I dont stick with toyota solid front , 85 i guess, it will likely be a Rock asult from scratch ,cha ching . prob cant afford a locker if i go new. I knew someone with some parts just sitting in his garrage . but have not heard back from him .Any recent upgrades ? need to unload ur old shit ?
[36]Chronic Crawlers [36]

I have some metal roller-skates?

apefrill
05-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Oh man I feel bad for you... Go read what's expected of your first post and redo real quick

He's not even a newbie, he's been here for 2 years

KronicCrawler
05-30-2012, 10:32 PM
I spend all my time out side having " Fun in B.C. " not much time for typing. the places I like to go don't have cell reception .

Tinker Belle
05-31-2012, 12:39 AM
I spend all my time out side having " Fun in B.C. " not much time for typing. the places I like to go don't have cell reception .

[cheers]

4skin
05-31-2012, 12:54 AM
He's not even a newbie, he's been here for 2 years
and still hasnt figured out there is other rooms than the new members room:dontknow: