PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft help and advice

BC_4RUNNER
05-30-2012, 07:33 PM
So I am done my SAS on the 4runner and this weekend I will be doing the rear coil to leaf conversion, now comes the fun part. I will need a new front (possibly rear too) Driveshaft. As anyone who has SAS'd a second gen 4runner or third gen truck knows the front angles are a bitch without dual cases. So what do I do?

Front IFS double carden shaft lengthened with mods for extra clearance?

Rear shaft with new tube and length?

Rear double carden shaft shortened for up front?

For the rear shaft I need a new one anyway as the one in the truck is beat, I will just lengthen that one and get it done with new stronger walled tube.

Any ideas or places to get it done would be great. I know of the usuals but If I remember someone around here works for Pats.[cheers]

BC_4RUNNER
05-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Anyone have a toyota front shaft that is 28" long at ride height and can handle a 10" drop (angle) at ride height?

atoyot
05-30-2012, 11:39 PM
pmd ya bud...

4skin
05-31-2012, 12:06 AM
why do you think i had the hi pinion front and doubler in the 4 runner greg

BC_4RUNNER
05-31-2012, 12:51 AM
well then sell it all to me for mine then Bruce:D :dontknow:

yoda604
05-31-2012, 09:46 AM
I don't have dual t-case or high pinion on mine.:dontknow: just get some t-case drop brackets and position the axle properly and you'll be fine unless you are moving your front axle forward. And I'm pretty sure you don't have to change anything with the rear driveshaft.

4skin
05-31-2012, 06:57 PM
I don't have dual t-case or high pinion on mine.:dontknow: just get some t-case drop brackets and position the axle properly and you'll be fine unless you are moving your front axle forward. And I'm pretty sure you don't have to change anything with the rear driveshaft.
t case drop brackets are for jeeps :D
and also make the front driveshaft angle worse
one of the bigest problems is length of slip yoke in the front ds
they tend to pull apart and ds drops out mine was close to doing it with the doubler and hi pinion
trail gear makes a long travel slip yoke that would take care of lengthening front shaft and cure it from falling apart