PDA

View Full Version : broke driveshaft

girlcrazy_4
05-28-2012, 10:13 PM
I blew up my rear driveshaft, and I'm retiring the truck in about a months time anyways. Is there any harm being done by leaving it in 4x4 and running off the front? I've been doing it for a few days now and all seems fine. its a 93 f150

chevy69chevelle
05-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I blew up my rear driveshaft, and I'm retiring the truck in about a months time anyways. Is there any harm being done by leaving it in 4x4 and running off the front? I've been doing it for a few days now and all seems fine. its a 93 f150

if it's got a fixed yoke output (aka there isn't a hole all your fluid can leak out of) and you are retiring it soon anyway, I would say your fine running at off the front

girlcrazy_4
05-28-2012, 11:54 PM
negative on that. Slip yoke. I'll just keep filling it at work every few days, the truck gets driven mabye 3km a day. Other than that, I guess i'm good? Dosnt turn worth a shit, but that i can live with.

4skin
05-29-2012, 01:51 AM
clean out the slip yoke and splines put some silicone on splines slip yoke in let dry over nite no more leaky
oh ya good idea to remove broken driveshaft from slip yoke
or you might get a bit of a vibration
just sayin lol

jnyblazer
05-30-2012, 11:43 AM
clean out the slip yoke and splines put some silicone on splines slip yoke in let dry over nite no more leaky
oh ya good idea to remove broken driveshaft from slip yoke
or you might get a bit of a vibration
just sayin lol

yes remove old one, and i had to put a 500ml coke bottle with tape one time to get home they fit almost perfect

youngun
05-30-2012, 12:02 PM
yes remove old one, and i had to put a 500ml coke bottle with tape one time to get home they fit almost perfect

Works good :party0010: