PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust exit for aircare?

SuzukiSamurai
05-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Im going to be insuring the zuk for 6 month and I need to take it through aircare... Exhaust is currently dumped infront of the rear axle, can they hook the hose up to that? It will I have to throw on a piece of straight pipe for aircare?

There is no point to doing an exhaust since it will be getting a new motor in the fall

arjan
05-12-2012, 03:36 PM
They won't test it if the have to go under the vehicle to hook it up.

Happypants
05-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Just get a Peice that's bigger and some self tapping screws and run it past the body a bit, I had to do that on my xj

Bigsexy
05-12-2012, 04:22 PM
[iagree] u gotta have a tail pipe... they wont crawl under the vehicle to hook it up.. ( they like city workers, if its not easy. NOPE, not doin it)

Trailjunkie
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM
has to exit ether side or rear. doesn't mater which

89burban
05-13-2012, 05:39 PM
If it had to pass a VI, same would apply. It has to exit behind the passenger area. That's what I was told with my suburban, when it failed because of an exhaust leak, behind the muffler. He said it would pass if it was a truck with a box, but because the passenger area goes to the back, the exhaust must leave the the side or back of the vehicle. I'm pretty sure this is why aircare will not allow it, but having to do more work could also apply.. lol.

SuzukiSamurai
05-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Alright, well when the time comes, I'll post pics of the most half assed exhaust ever haha

andrewmacc
05-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Obd2 for the win. Remember my patched exhaust? A couple clamps, a rubber hanger from you I think, and about a half dozen exhaust leaks from doing it the day before and it still passed. :D it literally fell out an hour later in the Canadian tire parking lot.