PDA

View Full Version : Electrical question

Balls First
04-19-2012, 07:47 PM
so my Winch has the solenoid box mounted to it and the leads to the winch from the solenoid pack are roughly 8" long

my question is, can i run longer leads ie mounting the pack on the firewall without causing too much resistance= or is that a non issue?

I want to do this because im going to wire the controls for the winch into a dash panel mainly so i dont have to run a shat load of small wires too the front bumper and back into the cab just gatta poke em through he firewall and it will look better without that shit kicked plastic box mounted to my winch heh

harvester_sorrow
04-19-2012, 08:00 PM
how far are you going? be a good idea to go heavier gauge wiring if your doing a long run. winches draw alot of amps at full load.

vajayjay
04-19-2012, 08:05 PM
[stupid]

I ran zero gauge, probably a little overkill, my control box is under my hood, probably about 5 ft of wire

Balls First
04-19-2012, 08:06 PM
less than 10 feet, i've got 40ft of welding cable kickin around so i was gonna use that if it'll work

it's an 8000lb Ramsey, slower than old people fucking but it's pulled me through everything heh

MacGyver
04-19-2012, 10:00 PM
I ran battery cable to mine, it's mounted on the inner fenderwell.

homeboy
04-19-2012, 11:27 PM
welding cable is fine

D-Ass
04-20-2012, 01:50 AM
we do it all the time and as every one has said hevier is better you should be fine with a 1 gage. welding cable is a little over kill but if u have it o well! just remember winch cables to the posts every thing else to the side bolts!!