PDA

View Full Version : OBA mount

Tunabomber
04-12-2012, 02:01 AM
figured i should finally finish my oba set up .

got all the bits and pieces together now except for the tank cuz im not totally sure on the location as of yet and the tank size will be decided then

also i want to do a quick release for setting beads....should speed up wheeling with atoyot [f]

heres a couple questions ????

1. does anyone know if the viair compressor must be mounted horizontal ?
would be nice to do a vertical mount on my firewall under the hood :confused0006:

2. pretty sure my hose and couplers are 1/4'' but for the bead setter should i go larger ?:dontknow:

Cheese eyes
04-12-2012, 02:21 AM
1. does anyone know if the viair compressor must be mounted horizontal ?
would be nice to do a vertical mount on my firewall under the hood :confused0006:

2. pretty sure my hose and couplers are 1/4'' but for the bead setter should i go larger ?:dontknow:

#1 yes mount it anywhere in a dryish spot and any way but have a fitting and a line from the intake to the filter mounted in a dry clean location, i mounted one on a rad support and ran the filter on a hose under the dash

#2 ....beadlocks ????:dontknow:

BleepinJeep
04-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Depends really on the fittings coming out of your tank, if you have 1/4"NPT outta the tank then it wont help to increase the end fittings cause it can only get through the 1/4" so fast. 1/4 seems to be enough to reseat a bead

4skin
04-12-2012, 07:35 PM
reseating the bead is what the eithers for