PDA

View Full Version : easter camping

Fencepostxjay
04-10-2012, 10:45 PM
got truck running just in time to go camping , had to go hwy :( didnt know how harrison west was but found out it is passable while we were there , went to skookumchuck then stopped in at sloquet , mmmmm steak and beans , easter hunt for kids and a salmon for easter food cooked in the :fire , left thur morn come home mon night , didnt want to leave , i will try not to over load pics :rolleyes:

Mukaluk
04-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Great pics! Always love going to the Skookumchuck Hot Springs!!! Still need to check out the Sloquet ones... thanks for sharing!!!

harvester_sorrow
04-11-2012, 09:38 PM
did you try the fun way on the return trip?

yoda604
04-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Good pics. those are 2 of my favorite places out here. How was sloquet? Sometimes as the roads get clearer, sloquet gets dirtier.

Half Slant
04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Awesome pictures drama Haven't been to either place, but definitely now on the list of places to see.. :confused0006:

Fencepostxjay
04-12-2012, 01:57 PM
We stuck to the boring gas sucking way home left to late mon , just in case didn't want to have to double back with no gas , wouldn't have been so bad to sit at springs longer but had to get to work . Didnt actually hike down to sloquet springs wife has a bad leg and can't do cold so me and the kids had fun in a little snow now I know the snow level. May trip is the fun way that and still have to take truck in to get tuned still running a little off think its the injector timing goes through a lot of gas my truck to pemberton 1/2 tank wife's jeep same motor 1/4 tank. But I have swaped a motor and rebuilt another motor with no computer work so might be the prob but change oil pump and will be all good again till stave gets in there again , have to pay more attention to the air cleaner from now on

Fencepostxjay
04-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Awesome pictures drama Haven't been to either place, but definitely now on the list of places to see.. :confused0006:

We try to go every 2 months if not more. Money pending lol
I like w Harrison " the fun way " welcome to join fun to go with more trucks. , buddy of mine make the trip in a stock jimmy so nothing scary. Just 2 hours less driving and half the gas = more money for beer [cheers]

Metal Mulisha
04-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Looked like a gooder...............now i need a soak

trippy_1
04-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Was there lots of snow at sloquete? thinking of going camping there in a few weeks. We went up the fun way and had to turn around 3/4 of the way there due to snow. We are going to go up the pemberton way this time and would like to stay at sloquete for the night.

Reeseman
04-15-2012, 09:59 AM
great pics thanks for sharing

Ry' & Jen
04-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Nice pics. Looks like a good way to spend Easter :)

TikkaT3
04-15-2012, 05:48 PM
That's one thing we don't have up here is the hot springs...sure would be nice. looks like a great weekend.

Fencepostxjay
04-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Was there lots of snow at sloquete? thinking of going camping there in a few weeks. We went up the fun way and had to turn around 3/4 of the way there due to snow. We are going to go up the pemberton way this time and would like to stay at sloquete for the night.

Not too much. Above the pic with the sloquet sign was the road in and the pic below was the camp spots. All drivable. I'm going to try the west Harrison in may some time. Snow should be just about gone by then but the way our weather has been I don't know could change

jayfred
04-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the Sloquet pics - Camp ground looks a little sloppy but as long as there's access I'm a happy camper!
Going to try and head up in the next week or two in my Tundra and its always a little iffy weather-wise around this time of year.

outofhismind
05-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Group of us thinking of heading up Harrison West in a full size 4x4 rental.... leaving Coquitlam about 1 Friday afternoon the 11th. Reading the threads here not much to worry about?? we usually do this trip in our 06 Jetta, via Pemberton, been the only 2 wheel drive up at camp there a few times out, but want to do the 'fun' way for once.... any tips tricks or people wanting to join??? Or is there a good site to map it out for the first timers??

Lieutenant Johnson
05-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Looks like a gooder Easter run !

Fencepostxjay
05-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Group of us thinking of heading up Harrison West in a full size 4x4 rental.... leaving Coquitlam about 1 Friday afternoon the 11th. Reading the threads here not much to worry about?? we usually do this trip in our 06 Jetta, via Pemberton, been the only 2 wheel drive up at camp there a few times out, but want to do the 'fun' way for once.... any tips tricks or people wanting to join??? Or is there a good site to map it out for the first timers??
wish i could we have plans for sat and gas money is tight for a couple weeks , and too much work , i so want to go maybe next time for me

Fencepostxjay
05-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Looks like a gooder Easter run !
kids had a blast we try to go to the springs every year for easter , i had memories of the same thing , so i want my kids to have the same great memories of the great out doors