PDA

View Full Version : after march 4 carnage

Fencepostxjay
04-10-2012, 11:13 PM
well got truck running money issues made it take longer but got parts last saturday night started ripping motor apart again :confused: rebuilt heads took good pistons from other motor , new rings . carbon was too bad on pistons from truck , carbon = burnt stave as you can see all the dirt in pics due to bad air cleaner , time for a snorkel , dirt , mud ,dust , water in motor then when plenum went sucked all into the motor , this is a temp fix till i rebuild my other motor from scratch all new not just rings and gaskets / seals , after work i worked all night Tuesday night to fire it up wed morn , came in house at 6am had a nap went to work at 730 seems to run good :happy0045: ,worked sucked wed just wanted to go and sleep , then to do a easter camping trip to hotsprings thursday morn just need a oil pump now , seems to loose pressure at idle ounce oil has warmed up , if i just give it gas up the idle it gets pressure again maybe fix it this weekend , here are just a few :D pics of 3 days work after day job i had to get it done for camping that was a close one ,the last pic was it the first time i fixed plenum , i didnt get a chance to get a shot to much of a rush to go camping , it was cleaner then that after rebuild [cheers] cant wait to test it out on stave again [36]

harvester_sorrow
04-11-2012, 10:34 PM
so its ready for another thrashing?

Fencepostxjay
04-12-2012, 01:00 AM
so its ready for another thrashing?

Yep. But going to take it easy till after stave cleanup and have to start rebuild other motor just in case , while apart I noticed main bearings and seals are getting weak but so far so good so prob try stave again in a couple weeks Maybe try and find some trails stay out of the mud for a bit ,,, Not lol but still would like to go on some trail runs

Reeseman
04-13-2012, 12:24 PM
got ti brake in the new rings too