PDA

View Full Version : Parts pricing here VS U.S.

Deggs
03-14-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm curious why there's such a desparity between parts pricing locally and parts pricing in the states.

EG.

I need to change out the lower control arm bushings in my '06 magnum. (for sale BTW -pm me for info) I have a choice of replacing just the bushings or the whole arm with bushings installed.

Local price on bushings 35 ea. @ 4 per arm - web pricing, name brand, 35 per complete set. Available at both online retailers and fleabay.

Same thing with the complete assembly, local price 280 per arm. - online anywhere from 90 for the pair to about 140 each depending on manufacturer

This is just OEM, nothing special.

I always prefer to drop coin locally but at the same time, it's my coin... I needs to feel I'm getting fair product for fair dollar.

Thoughts?

D

gavman
03-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Thoughts??? You don't have enough posts to sell shit...

yoda604
03-14-2012, 01:49 PM
because in Canada they figure we're made of money. I had to get a front bumper for my mom's 07 ford fusion. Unpainted up here, $950, painted down south $225. Sometimes pricing is just fucked up here.

crimsen
03-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Its a combination of issues. Shipping to canada is more expensive than within the states. Part is to do with getting the part through customs, part is shipping companies who go international, require more specialized drivers (back ground checks to ensure non-criminal etc)

There is also that the canadian dollar is worth less. We are at par for the last while, but not everyone is going to update prices to reflect the change in dollar. Why not pocket the extra and avoid work o re pricing?

There is also that sellin a product to someone in a different state does not require charging sales tax. Bc has a 12% tax.

Also when you consider the population of canada is less than some states, and even less than some cities, we have fuck all for buying power.

You can also look at the import tarrifs due to the free trade agreement to the sum of about 40%. Add it all up an you get a shit load more cost for a product in canada.

Deggs
03-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Thoughts??? You don't have enough posts to sell shit...

Ya you're right... The year I've been on here & the fact that I haven't padded my posts to sell everything I own sure means I'm stepping out of line... [16]

Honky
03-14-2012, 02:27 PM
great post Crimsen!

Deggs
03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
I was under the impression on US made componants there were no tarrifs. Maybe that's just at the consumer level?

Casselman
03-14-2012, 03:48 PM
I get cost on all my parts, so I dont see much of a price difference [36]

epic3
03-14-2012, 03:51 PM
More middle men makin money.

Griswold
03-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Sink the money into our economy not there's........

85chevy
03-14-2012, 09:36 PM
I get cost on all my parts, so I dont see much of a price difference [36]
Ur cost generally includes all that crap they usually just get a better deal when they bring in a couple hundred vs 1.....