View Full Version : stave march 4th

03-14-2012, 12:52 AM
had a blast BUT started to puke oil i kept clouding out the guys , dbuker,punk,legend,aaronj, got home on 7 no maybe like 6 cylinders kept loosing oil pressure , had to drive it next day it just got worse , 4 litters of oil in 1 day but so far so good it was the plenum gasket what the magnums are known for [28] , im not to pissed the motor sat for 2 years from a rolled truck then sat in my yard for another 2 then to just get stuffed in the truck and just added oil and fired up still the old plugs too , it lasted 2 years in truck and i drive it hard , any ways heres some pics, milky diff , and you can see the blown gasket in plenum and i think my air cleaner needs to be replaced , pile of dirt dust mud in that oil on inside of the plenum pan [16] and the bulging and missing gasket:mad:

03-14-2012, 06:46 PM
siiick is it ready????

Punk in Drublic
03-14-2012, 07:10 PM
whats wrong with that diff fluid lol

03-14-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm not to sure... He's beiiing lame.. Have you seen mine? Its looks like stave

03-15-2012, 12:24 PM
diff fluid looks normal ....

Punk in Drublic
03-15-2012, 12:45 PM
did ya save that diff fluid, i might throw it into the pathy lol

03-15-2012, 11:01 PM
hahaha , i just let some out was a bit full of stave , still in not changed yet , got a squeak in there but still moves , but when i do its all yours punk i will even keep the rear for you , i would save the engine oil for you too but i seem to be getting a oil change every 3 days and i dont have any leaks , i think i did a number on it got to do valve seals and check cylinder walls now , but if im not working i will try my best to get to stave on sunday i would like to get a sticker for the truck , maybe i will con the wife to let me take her ZJ out lol

03-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Well it's a no go :( after plenum was fixed it was still happening just not as bad. So I decided after all this. I should do a compression test Should have been first And. One of the cylinders was next to no compression so. Now it's all apart again but now the head too hope it's just a valve then I could be back running quick

03-23-2012, 07:52 PM
just a update make sure you have a good air cleaner i found dirt in the oil pan i think it was in the plenum then when gasket went it got sucked into the motor , and rings on #8 were stuck and gritty so mud and dust have toasted this motor , but i cant wait to get it back running so i could get back into the bush and mud lol , hey punk you still want that oil ? just has a little stave in there [36]