PDA

View Full Version : stave lake

Toyquad
02-29-2012, 09:14 PM
not sure if this has been posted or not, but read it and fill out the survey

http://www.mission.ca/municipal-hall/departments/forestry/mission-interpretive-forest/

[cheers]

tonkagirl
02-29-2012, 09:40 PM
I just completed the survey, they are talking sani dumps, like seriously?

Evan the Blue
02-29-2012, 10:05 PM
done ... [cheers] for the link

Happypants
03-01-2012, 07:17 AM
All done, I'm all for it cause I go there alot and i wouldnt care if I had to pay for a yearly pass to have some ammenedys there, also it will help keep the retards burning cars/dumping garbage out of there too, mabey they will open some of the mountain back up as well, lotsa trails there that you can't get to because of gates now

fullsizebronco
03-01-2012, 08:04 AM
To bad we could not get something like this for postill in kelowna ...

Vagette
03-01-2012, 08:33 AM
For once I agree with Nick.... :dontknow: :D

tonkagirl
03-01-2012, 09:10 AM
I agree for most of it but not sani dumps, and just think will it be the same? Some is a good idea but not all, but that is just me, :-)

ginge-rook
03-01-2012, 09:55 AM
done and done

procircuit
03-01-2012, 10:55 AM
done and done
shutup skank:)

Happypants
03-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Knock it off nik!

EIEIO
03-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Done and donerd.

Happypants
03-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I agree for most of it but not sani dumps, and just think will it be the same? Some is a good idea but not all, but that is just me, :-)

yes granted some things are going to be different, but, do you perfer shitting in the bush? i think its fucking gross, everwhere you go theres fucking toilet paper everywhere, when im at stave i shit in the same spot when im there just cause i think its nasty to be on a trail and you drive over somebodys shit and spray it all over the side of your jeep or even worse, in the jeep, then it sticks,

who cares about the sani dumps, theres already people there with campers and what not, then they dont have to find a place to dump there shit, mind you most ppl shit in the bush anyways which brings me back to what i was saying earlier...:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

homeboy
03-01-2012, 07:04 PM
biggest thing we need is trailer parking / camping area and a dedicated trail system to be built

everyone vote

westcoaster
03-01-2012, 07:47 PM
"mud-bogging" on exposed mud flats causes erosion to riparian lakeshore.

Don't really need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what way they are leaning....

harvester_sorrow
03-01-2012, 08:08 PM
biggest thing we need is trailer parking / camping area and a dedicated trail system to be built

everyone vote

a secure parking area would be nice

Roy
03-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Did the survey. Told them to leave things the way they are.

Hellboy
03-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Don't really need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what way they are leaning....

I like how they say "one road access, first unrestricted access to crown land east of vancouver"

They know what they have, if stave got shut down how far would we have to go then? Sylvester shut down? Then where?

idunnowindows
03-02-2012, 09:26 AM
They know what they have, if stave got shut down how far would we have to go then? Sylvester shut down? Then where?

I heard theres a field on north side poco off of Devon RD some guy was wheelin in. Watch out for holes in the ground!

tonkagirl
03-02-2012, 10:03 AM
yes granted some things are going to be different, but, do you perfer shitting in the bush? i think its fucking gross, everwhere you go theres fucking toilet paper everywhere, when im at stave i shit in the same spot when im there just cause i think its nasty to be on a trail and you drive over somebodys shit and spray it all over the side of your jeep or even worse, in the jeep, then it sticks,

who cares about the sani dumps, theres already people there with campers and what not, then they dont have to find a place to dump there shit, mind you most ppl shit in the bush anyways which brings me back to what i was saying earlier...:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I bring my redneck toilet or do the diva drive to the boat launch out house or across the road to the heated bathrooms, i agree about the clitty litter every where it is nasty, i also try to not pee as often, sometimes i wish i had a penis while camping,happy penis

Hellboy
03-02-2012, 10:48 AM
I heard theres a field on north side poco off of Devon RD some guy was wheelin in. Watch out for holes in the ground!

Oh yeah???

Nvr heard of it :dontknow: :dontknow:

[15] [15] [15] [15]

Murd0c
03-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I just filled it out [cheers]

Happypants
03-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Oh yeah???

Nvr heard of it :dontknow: :dontknow:

[15] [15] [15] [15]

BWAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:party0010: :D That was a fun night[36]

myles455
03-02-2012, 05:38 PM
I bring my redneck toilet or do the diva drive to the boat launch out house or across the road to the heated bathrooms, i agree about the clitty litter every where it is nasty, i also try to not pee as often, sometimes i wish i had a penis while camping,happy penis
you said clitty litter.bahhahhahahhhaa

homeboy
03-02-2012, 07:01 PM
I like how they say "one road access, first unrestricted access to crown land east of vancouver"

it's kinda true, blue mountain you have to be in the cool dirt biker club to enter :dontknow:

the tim hortons kids camp is going in regardless up on the top of the map.

either we get new trails, a parking area, sani series, etc... or we get nothing and if they decide to shut down the mud flatts,west stave trails or Sylvester in a few years or other local areas we will have nothing to wheel on which will suck.

Happypants
03-02-2012, 08:36 PM
it's kinda true, blue mountain you have to be in the cool dirt biker club to enter :dontknow:

the tim hortons kids camp is going in regardless up on the top of the map.

either we get new trails, a parking area, sani series, etc... or we get nothing and if they decide to shut down the mud flatts,west stave trails or Sylvester in a few years or other local areas we will have nothing to wheel on which will suck.

that wont happen, they cant close stave, because of the ranch and the other camp thats going to be going in, ppl will find ways around

homeboy
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
probably not, but they can gate areas and make it illegal to enter if they choose to. they will wanna protect the kids going to that camp and some of the activities currently going on in the area are questionable.

ask the people in washington state who come up here to wheel how all there wheeling places got closed down or locked off.

tonkagirl
03-03-2012, 09:02 AM
you said clitty litter.bahhahhahahhhaa

I did cause it is funnier than saying toilet paper, and besidesmthatmis what it is :-) clitty litter

Happypants
03-03-2012, 09:50 AM
probably not, but they can gate areas and make it illegal to enter if they choose to. they will wanna protect the kids going to that camp and some of the activities currently going on in the area are questionable.

ask the people in washington state who come up here to wheel how all there wheeling places got closed down or locked off.

thats true, zajac ranch they blocked the road off with some logs, next time i was up there, i seen a bypass made around it,

im not too worried, let them do what they do, mabey ppl will smarten up, quit being pigs, and we`ll see how long they can go dumping garbage and burning cars in town cause they got nowhere left in the bush to do it

if i can go somewhere wheeling for the day/weekend, and not have to worry about cops/dumpers/burning cars/ then it was a good weekend, last weekend i was at stave, coming home we had a CO slide his truck sideways and block the road off in front of us just to check our regi and shit, i couldnt believe it, a little excessive i think, but he was nice while talking to us,

homeboy
03-03-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't think we need to worry about closer on west stave, the city of mission put out the questionnaire as a feeler to try an figure out the amount of interest in each recreation activity ( quading,dirt biking, 4x4ing, etc )

It's hard for people to think a government body would work in conjoinment with recreational users to build such a area, mainly because it hasn't really been done much in canada. other then dirt bike trails, which doesn't take much funding to build.

the road will get fixed or improved to allow buss access to the camp and equipment to build the camp for sure anyways

Half Slant
03-03-2012, 07:29 PM

Lol, that toilet is definitely something else. I love the creativity!

homeboy
03-04-2012, 06:54 PM
http://www.4wdabc.ca/content.php?175-Mission-Interpretive-Forest

" The Four Wheel Drive Association of BC is actively involved with the District of Mission and the Ministry of Forest Lands and Natural Resource Operations in this project. We have three major goals and recommendations to the District of Mission. The first is to regain access to Blue Mountain from the east, the second is a Destination Rock Crawling Park and the third is a Designated Mud Bogging Area. "

myles455
03-04-2012, 07:12 PM
http://www.4wdabc.ca/content.php?175-Mission-Interpretive-Forest

" The Four Wheel Drive Association of BC is actively involved with the District of Mission and the Ministry of Forest Lands and Natural Resource Operations in this project. We have three major goals and recommendations to the District of Mission. The first is to regain access to Blue Mountain from the east, the second is a Destination Rock Crawling Park and the third is a Designated Mud Bogging Area. "

now we're talking.that would be awesome

andrewmacc
03-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Not really.. Last thing I want are OHV parks. That's when the major confinement happens.

Happypants
03-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Have you been to any thou? We went a few years ago down to gold bar Washington to a ORV park, it was nice, clean,toilets,trails didn't have garbage everywhere, no gates, it was a blast, there was management officers around but the only complaint tuna and I got was our music was too loud lol,

procircuit
03-06-2012, 10:38 AM
YAYYY!!!! 4wdabc is on it!!!! MORE GAY FSR"S FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

Happypants
03-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Hahaha nice nik,

procircuit
03-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Hahaha nice nik,

i dont know why im bad at making friends.:dontknow:

homeboy
03-06-2012, 06:13 PM
YAYYY!!!! 4wdabc is on it!!!! MORE GAY FSR"S FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

4wdabc has brought in a few people from the community for opinions and suggestions, I was one of them. as a buggy owner, last thing I want is weak trails that a guy with no lockers and 33's can do.

if you have doubts or have your own opinion, voice it at there annual general meeting: http://www.4wdabc.ca/content.php?170-Notice-of-Annual-General-Meeting-%282012%29

I'll be there, my first time going to one.

I sat down for 4 hours with the 4wdabc and told them exactly what we need and what we don't want to happen.

procircuit
03-07-2012, 07:18 AM
4wdabc has brought in a few people from the community for opinions and suggestions, I was one of them. as a buggy owner, last thing I want is weak trails that a guy with no lockers and 33's can do.

if you have doubts or have your own opinion, voice it at there annual general meeting: http://www.4wdabc.ca/content.php?170-Notice-of-Annual-General-Meeting-%282012%29

I'll be there, my first time going to one.

I sat down for 4 hours with the 4wdabc and told them exactly what we need and what we don't want to happen.

Ya i understand, and i hope it all turns out well.. it just seems that anytime enough people show interest and try and get something to happen in this respect, the city/municipality/governing body always see the interest from people as just a way to make profit, and if they can corral everyone into one small jammed area and charge them to use this area then their happy...

homeboy
03-07-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd like for it to stay the same but if they plan to do this I'd rather have some trails then nothing at all

westcoaster
03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
.... and if they can corral everyone into one small jammed area and charge them to use this area then their happy...

Not necessarly a bad thing....

Make a park, advertise the shit out of it, attract all the idiots that don't know any better and charge them money to experiance "nature".

In the mean time if averyone just lays of advertising other free "wild" areas, a fellow just might be able to get out and enjoy himself for an afternoon without tripping over a million people or stepping in their shit left on the trail...

yoda604
03-16-2012, 02:49 PM
done and done.

I think that it could be a good idea. Growing up in the lower mainland, there used to be tons and tons of off road areas. All over langley, coquitlam, port coquitlam, port moddy, maple ridge. Slowly but surely they all got closed down. Not from people 4x4ing. But from people getting way to drunk and driving and dieing(very unfortunately), leaving all their garbage behind, broken glass, leaving stolen cars there(usually on fire). To be honest I'm surprised they haven't shut down Stave yet. The place can turn into a huge dump, and people die there almost every year. All it takes is some really stupid people to ruin for everyone else. If they can wean out the fuckers, that's better for all of us that are just there to have a good time and "be excellent to eachother".

homeboy
03-19-2012, 06:00 PM
I went to the 4wdabc meeting on Saturday to represent the rock crawling / buggy people.

after asking questions to the 4wdabc board/committee and Mike from Sites and Trails BC regarding west stave / interpretive forest I was told the survey will have some impact in decision making as to who gets what and how much.

for those of you who use the mud flats regularly, I highly suggest you voice your interest in a mudding area to be created in the questionnaire.

vote:

http://www.mission.ca/municipal-hall/departments/forestry/mission-interpretive-forest/

jason cheveep
03-31-2012, 11:29 PM
i think a more kid friendly camping area would b great. staging area rock garden and fines handed out to people who litter. id pay to camp ther if there was facility of somesort.

kiyokim35
04-01-2012, 09:59 AM
well i hope mine helps to. my kids love it up there

bcbugger
04-04-2012, 02:31 PM
FILLED

homeboy
04-06-2012, 08:02 PM
polls closes in 9 days

homeboy
04-13-2012, 05:51 PM
pole/questionnaire period got extended open till may 15th now

homeboy
04-24-2012, 08:57 PM
bump...

homeboy
05-03-2012, 05:00 PM
they added a pdf hand out recently

http://www.mission.ca/wp-content/uploads/120403_Mission_Interp_Forest_Informational_Handout 2.pdf

procircuit
05-03-2012, 05:18 PM
If you actually think it'll work out good your on glue.

homeboy
05-03-2012, 05:45 PM
we don't have a choice in the matter its coming doesn't matter if you want it or not or if it will work out or not, so lets ask for nothing and get nothing right? or maybe ask for everything and get something that we can maybe use :rolleyes:

BuckNaked
05-03-2012, 06:24 PM
aaaand done