PDA

View Full Version : magnum 5.2 no spark

hrd4mud
11-22-2011, 06:39 PM
got a magnum 5.2 in a 98 ram the other day was runing fine shut it off at home and went to start it the next day and nothing doesnt even try to fire when it cranks.

i checked the fuel rail has fuel and decent pressure, spark at coil but no spark at plugs.

I wanna go to the kelowna toy run but its dark to get out there anyone else have this issue and a quick recomendation?

it was running great as i drove home ran perfect, shut off normally was cold the next day. I had thought frozen fuel line but that wasnty my luck.

crazylike
11-22-2011, 07:01 PM
distributor loose or broken? is there power at both sides of the coil?

hrd4mud
11-22-2011, 07:50 PM
didnt test its lead wires just checked it for spark it had a strong one, then checked a plug wire for spark none at all. its dark and my hallogen light died

i have a 92 magnum 5.2 so i guess i get to play sensor swap one day in the daylight

just confusses me why it ran great then nothing at all

epic3
11-23-2011, 01:56 PM
The main cap to dizzy lead could be bad but I doubt that it would just go over night with no warning. Pull the cap off and clean it out it might be full of condensation.

hrd4mud
12-12-2011, 03:27 PM
didnt post but when i got home after the weekend I went and bought a crank position sensor, before i installed it thought it try it fired right up didnt skip a beat has run fine since hasnt even stumbled as I start it or it runs?

Wanna take the sensor back as it was 125 bucks but it in the glove box for a little longer to make sure it doesnt do it again?

Punk in Drublic
12-12-2011, 03:47 PM
fuck i hate those mystery mind fucks like that.

64CJ6Willy
12-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Wanna take the sensor back as it was 125 bucks but it in the glove box for a little longer to make sure it doesnt do it again?

Check with who you bought it from. Some won't take it back, others will charge you a fee. Just install it as piece of mind IMO