PDA

View Full Version : FUEL PUMP ISSUE

yoda thrills
11-13-2011, 10:39 AM
im trying to resolve a fuel pump issue in an 87 ford bronco 2. i need to figure out where the fuel pump fuse is or the fuel pump relay..... the only fuse box ive been able to find it under the steering column. and beside the air box closest to the inner fender there is 3 relays none of which are marked.... how would i go about figuring out which ones the fuel pump relay...?

ive unplugged the inline fuel filter and plug a new one in and turned the key just to get power, and no humming was made. im going to make sure the pump is actually working by hookin it up to a battery but i need to the electrical side of this bullshit
any help would be great help
[cheers]

Nutbar
11-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Don't know about the fuse or relay, but those fords use a resettable inertia switch to shut off the fuel pump in the event of a moderate crash. This switch can trip with a good bump or such sometimes. It's usually in the interior under the pass side kick panel. Pop the panel and try to reset it.

dirka dave
11-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Ok.

I am out here giving him a hand.

I'll reset the swith.

The pump on the frame rail works when you deadhead it.

4skin
11-13-2011, 02:46 PM
reset switch could also be in one of the rear 1/4 panels in a bronko 2

85chevy
11-13-2011, 04:06 PM
On my 90 ranger is underneath the glovebox on the firewall maybe in the same location

dirka dave
11-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Bypassed switch.

Tested transfer pump in tank. Ok

Picking up relay in Langley.