PDA

View Full Version : Little White Trip July 24 2011---Warning---A few Too Many Pics--

4-Trax
11-06-2011, 09:59 PM
We had another great quadding/hiking trip to the top of Little White Mtn.
The weather was perfect, and we found an easy way to get up to the top.
Just a few pics to share.

BuckNaked
11-06-2011, 10:06 PM
sweet pics man looks like a good time

Trailjunkie
11-06-2011, 10:10 PM
musta been a gooder day , thanks. wow that is a lota pics thought i was bad.lol

4skin
11-06-2011, 10:56 PM
good bunch of pix there looks like a good time

muddyWaters
11-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Wow... Beauty place. Very scenic! Where is this located?

crazybushcreature
11-07-2011, 08:17 AM
great pics. looks like some awesome scenery

4-Trax
11-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Wow... Beauty place. Very scenic! Where is this located?
Located south of Kelowna,off of the 201 FSR and Canyon Lakes FSR.
On the southeast edge of Myra Bellevue Park.

youngun
11-07-2011, 10:23 AM
How old are those pictures? Just wondering how the snow pack lasted up there this year?

If I hiked way up there I would take lots of picture too, Cause I sure wouldn't be doing it again...

4-Trax
11-07-2011, 11:02 AM
How old are those pictures? Just wondering how the snow pack lasted up there this year?

If I hiked way up there I would take lots of picture too, Cause I sure wouldn't be doing it again...

The pictures were all taken July 24 2011, it was 30 degrees Celcius.
The snow pack was unbelieveable up there, snow was still 3 feet deep in places(north side). We waited until the end of July to take the hike, as any sooner wouldn't haven't been as much fun.

You can drive or quad up to the park boundary, from the southeast side, and then hike up to the top.

The hike only takes 45 minutes to get to the top, and thats for us "older" guys.

The snow never totally melted, and now there is fresh snow again.
In 2005 and 2006, all the snow was totally gone by mid July.

We are going to make it a regular trip every July, and try to fix up the trail a bit the next time. The last kilometer needs work.

youngun
11-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Cool, well let me know if your going again in the summer. I would love to come up there, Have not been

Momma Taz
11-07-2011, 11:49 AM
those are some beautiful pics. i am jealous

Cheese eyes
11-07-2011, 01:08 PM
wow!!! nice pictures thanks for sharing [cheers]

TWOZEROFOUR
11-07-2011, 01:44 PM
so bummed i did not get the chance to wheel up there before they closed it down !

4-Trax
11-07-2011, 05:46 PM
so bummed i did not get the chance to wheel up there before they closed it down !
No kidding.....
The old way up was a blast....
Dam Tree hugging so and so's!

For anyone who might want to know the way up for next years adventures...

bigrig81
11-07-2011, 06:03 PM
It's not just the tree huggers, the place was getting trashed BRUTALLY. If guys would have just stuck to the road there wouldn't have been a problem.

As for the pics.... awesome! I haven't been up there in about 5 years or so, but would love to next year, or maybe snowshoe trip this winter.

thanks for sharing!
:D

crazydude
11-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Didnt look like that the other weekend we where up there!!!

crimsen
11-07-2011, 09:17 PM
what has happened to the upper area that it is impassable? i have not been up there since around 2005 so no idea what the trail is like now.

4-Trax
11-07-2011, 09:54 PM
what has happened to the upper area that it is impassable? i have not been up there since around 2005 so no idea what the trail is like now.

Little White Forestry road has been de-activated because it ran through the Myra Bellevue Park. The road allowed motorized traffic through the park and up to the summit, this is no longer permitted.

Most people just hike up to the summit via the Crawford trail, or from the Bellevue creek trestle area.

You can get up from the Canyon Lakes side, just near the gravel pit.
Or you can quad up to the park boundary, and do a short hike to the top now.

boyzen
11-07-2011, 10:11 PM
It's not just the tree huggers, the place was getting trashed BRUTALLY. If guys would have just stuck to the road there wouldn't have been a problem.

As for the pics.... awesome! I haven't been up there in about 5 years or so, but would love to next year, or maybe snowshoe trip this winter.

thanks for sharing!
:D

really dude are you sure you know what the fuck your talking about I have been going there for 25 years and there was only 1 spot in the park that sum boggers wrecked but the top of that mt is still not the park just the lower circle around the mt .

bigrig81
11-08-2011, 07:38 AM
really dude are you sure you know what the fuck your talking about I have been going there for 25 years and there was only 1 spot in the park that sum boggers wrecked but the top of that mt is still not the park just the lower circle around the mt .

Yup pretty sure I got a decent hold on it. Before you break out of the trees there's the fork to the right and down there is where the meadow is that ppl used to destroy hard, which is what i am guessing you are talking about too, and is probs the main reason they shut it down. But there's also a couple other spots too that guys used to dip down off the side of the road andbog, just because it was a wet spot and they could hit some mud, like just before the road turns from dirt to only rock at the base of the mtn..... i have no problem with mud... but that's a unique area to here and they should just stick to postil. First time I was up there was in 1985 as a kid and many times since then, both on foot and in a rig, so ya... I have a decent grasp. And as for if the top is in a park, i don't give a rip if it is or not, guys shouldn't be driving any and everywhere up in the alpine with their trucks... stick to the road in that kind of area, especially when it's one of few we have around here. haha just re read your post and I am not sure what you are pissy about bc you answered your own question... yes, "there is... one spot in the park that "sum" boggers wrecked" and they, they my friend are the ones that were the reason it's closed down, just like I said.

cheers

bigrig81
11-08-2011, 07:45 AM
oh ya, and they decativated the road about 15-20 years ago to try and keep people out of the area bc of the damage that was happening then as well, well before the park (as I understand) was ever formed. Granted there wasn't much ripping up of the alpine, but the last time I was there, there was definitely vehicle trails, in places that there shouldn't have been, that kinda ruined the way it looked. But i guess that is personal opinion....I like alpine looking natural.

RuskinRider81
11-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Awesome pics!! Looks like a beautiful place to hike!!

MacGyver
11-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Awesome views from up there :)

MundusPax
11-09-2011, 03:13 PM
wow, great pictures

keadyn
11-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Wow it's so open. I can see who people would be tempted to go driving all over the alpine.

Sweet pix though looks liek a really cool place