View Full Version : shooting around sylvester rd

11-01-2011, 03:56 PM
hey anyone wanna go hurt their shoulder sometime? I usually go by myself as the ol lady doesnt REALLY like going with me and my friends dont have any cool guns..just lame ass .22

saving up to buy this badass, hopefully buddy still has it for sale in a month when i got the cake to throw down.http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc418/2legit420/110ba.jpg?t=1320188105

11-01-2011, 03:58 PM
.50 cal. BMG I presume?

11-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Savage 110 BA .338 lapua

11-01-2011, 04:06 PM
I was at the firing range recently and the guy next to me was shooting his .338 Lapua, goddamned thing had so much concussion pressure that the targets I had lying on my bench blew right off and I swear the hair on my head got ruffled! NICE guns those are, great for hunting high mountain goats with and just plain good old fun for anything else!

11-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Here is a picture of my shoulder bruiser, Marlin 45-70 Gov't stainless guide gun. Comes with me everytime I go into the deep bush. I just recently added a Pachmyr recoil pad, it drastically reduced felt recoil. I shoot mostly 300 grain Hornady and also 325 grain Hornady Leverevolution nylon tipped ammunition. I have a box of 20 405 grain bullets for the big bruins to chew on just in case they are getting too frisky. A few weeks ago after our hunting trip ended we stopped for some target practice and I shot at a target stapled onto a tree, a 10 inch diameter live pine tree and my rounds went right through the tree and left an exit wound the size of a softball! Big puff of sawdust and chunks of wood and the bullet hit the tree behind it and buried itself past the depth of my little finger! Nice to have firepower out in the bush, you never know when it could save your life or the life of somebody else.

11-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Speaking of Sylvester Rd., what is the situation like concerning the cops and how they feel about us shooting up at little Iraq? Its been a couple years since I have been up there and was just wondering? Thanks to all who respond.

11-01-2011, 04:53 PM
thats a damn nice gun. are the marlin's reliable? have ya had any problems with her? I have been thinking of picking up a GS also just for that reason..big power in the deep bush.

i have not seen many po-po up there, but not like i spend all my time there either. Looking at the shooting reg's your are legally allowed to shoot long guns on that side of stave. Regarding "Little Iraq" i always go as early as possible on the weekends. Too many meat heads go there but they wont get up early and shoot.

11-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Mine has been very reliable. The lever action is smooth and precise and no feeding problems at all. I had to adjust the sights to zero right out of the box but that was easy to adjust. I keep it clean all the time and oiled too. I just love it! I trust my life with it, so that means a lot to me. OK then I might just go up to little Iraq one of these early mornings during the week, shouldn't be anybody up there but you never know. One time I was up there some guys on quads were riding around little Iraq all the while there 2 guys shooting at an old fridge at the same time! I mean like, how stupid can somebody be? I got outta there el-pronto.

11-01-2011, 05:02 PM
we shoot up there all the time.no problems

11-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Good to hear!

11-01-2011, 06:42 PM

I know it's not you it's everyone else[16]

11-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I always keep my used shell casings because I re-load my own ammunition. I am the first guy to clean up any stuff I leave on the ground and I don't leave beer cans or bottles either and I don't take junk up there to shoot at, only paper targets. I know what you mean man, there must be thousands of dollars of spent brass up there, it is disgusting to say the least!

11-01-2011, 07:23 PM
yes, its effin disgusting. i picked up 4 unfired 3" .00 shells last time i was there...lesson here is dont start fires when your shooting to warm up, might blow a hole in your ass

11-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Thats the truth!!

11-01-2011, 07:49 PM
seen idiots shooting across the road
had bullets zinging past me on the back way out of davis
fuck heads should need to take a iq test to own guns
and the mess that is left by 99 % of the people that go shooting
is disgusting to think 6 months ago they graded litle irak
and it was clean

11-01-2011, 07:59 PM
yep, no one cares. then people just bitch and bitch and bitch about public land being gated off

dirka dave
11-02-2011, 05:24 AM

11-02-2011, 08:25 AM
shooting should be done for hunting and at the target range, not out in the open in public places...all the shells laying is dam right disgusting and 90% of the guys don't care who is around.. fucking assholes

11-02-2011, 06:11 PM
same as the responsible 4wheelers, dumpin their trash and leaves a bad rep for the rest of the group.

11-02-2011, 06:14 PM
One trip to Stave and look at the garbage piles and burn piles full of shit but yah, shooters can be the same way. I am one of those guys who actually helps clean up the mess everytime I go to those places.

11-02-2011, 07:35 PM
funny when you go somewhere you cant drive a honda or 2wdr to there isnt piles of garbage wonder why that is??

11-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Because the real off-roaders appreciate nature because they see so much of the beauty of this land that they don't or won't litter in those areas and will actually pick up garbage left by others so that the next people and their kids who come to the same site won't have to see garbage.

Loyale with Cheese
11-21-2011, 02:08 AM
I think most people don't realize that Davis lake is an undeveloped provincial park, undeveloped, not even a sign, but the off road and discharging firearms laws still apply the same as any other developed park in bc. I'm not sure what the fines are for off roading and shooting up a provincial park are but they are probaly pretty hefty.
It's just a matter of time before enough locals complain and enforcement cracks down.

11-21-2011, 09:15 PM
little iraq is way up past the park

11-21-2011, 10:37 PM
last time i went there i picked up my spent shells, got a friend who reloads em for me, this may sound crazy, but the group of funinbc should get together and we should do a cleanup day. I used to be part of the bearmountain cleanup crew and vedder mountain cleanup when it came to mountainbiking. Its amazing some of the stuff we pulled outta the bush. With a little help, and some volunteers we could easily get er done! :D

11-22-2011, 09:37 PM
time to organize one. Its been done before. Might have to wait though, depending on the snow.

11-22-2011, 09:39 PM
ya maybe a nice spring/summer idea??