PDA

View Full Version : rubber change

ROBO
10-13-2011, 08:02 AM
:confused: gots me new boots for the quad.. now need too change them.. any one got one of those cheapo change thingys from princess used it on my fronts a while back.. no $$ left too pay someone at a tire store..

Stetson
10-13-2011, 10:20 AM
I just used a couple of large flat screwdrivers, they go on and off really easy. It's like kids toys compared to a car toy. Give it a try

Dreded
10-13-2011, 12:54 PM
easiest way is to use a jack all with the base right on the edge of the bead and then put the jackall under something heavy such as a truck bumper and jack.. this pops the bead.. you can also do it with a 2x4 and hammer... then use two screw drivers to get the lip over the rim... simple as that

Cheese eyes
10-13-2011, 01:58 PM
bring beer and ill help you out [cheers]

BC_4RUNNER
10-13-2011, 02:29 PM
drop them off to me on your way to work and I will get to them in the day Friday. Not to hyjack Mikies beer but I know I'm on your way to work thats all.

epic3
10-14-2011, 04:21 AM
drop them off to me on your way to work and I will get to them in the day Friday. Not to hyjack Mikies beer but I know I'm on your way to work thats all.

Damn heartless beer jacker

regulate34
10-14-2011, 07:31 AM
i let the women change my rubber

ROBO
10-14-2011, 12:31 PM
good call lucas......ill tell her that.. ..

Griswold
10-14-2011, 01:12 PM
i let the women change my rubber

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

kootenaycat
10-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Depending on the tire/rim combo you may need lotsa non-petroleum grease to get the beads to seat. Mounted a set of Executioners on my Kodiak years ago and they were a pain in the ass. Just put Swamplites on my Grizz and no probs seating them but the Mudlite XTR's I put on the wifes Polaris took a bit of grease and about 30psi to seat 'em.

4skin
10-15-2011, 02:04 AM
Depending on the tire/rim combo you may need lotsa non-petroleum grease to get the beads to seat. Mounted a set of Executioners on my Kodiak years ago and they were a pain in the ass. Just put Swamplites on my Grizz and no probs seating them but the Mudlite XTR's I put on the wifes Polaris took a bit of grease and about 30psi to seat 'em.
dish soap works good and your tires get washed at the same time:D
dont like the idea of any type of lube that stays greasy on tire beads
i have a hard enough time keeping tires beaded

kootenaycat
10-17-2011, 12:29 AM
dish soap works good and your tires get washed at the same time:D
dont like the idea of any type of lube that stays greasy on tire beads
i have a hard enough time keeping tires beaded

give it a shot without first but sometimes you have no choice. A silicon based lube works and doesn't affect the rubber compound of the tire. 20 years pulling wrenches and I never saw a single problem with slippage/bead loss from using lube. Lack of tire pressure will do it every time though! :D