PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if ?

Tunabomber
10-07-2011, 02:24 AM
What would you do if you had a full size older jimmy with a newer tranny and 305

and had 5 grand to put into it :dontknow:

Apathy
10-07-2011, 04:55 AM
What kind of shape is the body in?

dirka dave
10-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Trade it for your landrover.

[16]

pumpkin
10-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Sell it and buy a 72 Blazer or Jimmy.

Tunabomber
10-07-2011, 08:43 AM
What kind of shape is the body in?

Body and frame are solid

Tunabomber
10-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Trade it for your landrover.

[16]

Fucken eh buddy

Tunabomber
10-07-2011, 08:48 AM
I was thinking. Detroit front , arb rear , swap 5.0 for 6.0 on propane , sliders and 38s

epic3
10-07-2011, 09:49 AM
detroit rear and arb front freshen up the 5.0 gears sliders and trim fenders for 36's more reliable thus more capable then your plan and cheaper

Tunabomber
10-07-2011, 10:13 AM
ya know :confused0006: i love the dual detroits in my jeep cause i never need to ask the arb question ( is it working ) but to be honest for a daily driver it would be nice to disengage the rear locker and actually use the throttle around corners with out locker squawk or torque steer

B
10-07-2011, 10:15 AM
daily driver on 38's really ? wtf are you thinkin gonna sell the jeep ?

Tunabomber
10-07-2011, 10:46 AM
daily driver on 38's really ? wtf are you thinkin gonna sell the jeep ?

figure i could get 3 for the rover and 5-7 for the jeep

would leave me 5-6 to dump into already good truck i know of

really love my jeep but to be honest its a single purpose machine

i realize i would have to give up trail running so to speak( well tight ones anyway )

but if i made the switch i would be able to....

.take more friends
.take more gear easier
.sleep in back
.fit more speakers
.still go half topless
.tow a heavier trailer
.be less of a giant flashing light bulb to the VI guys
.have more power
.listen to the sweet sounds of dual flowmasters again
.be able to bring my family
.enjoy the availability of dime a dozen full width axles
.have a locker i could turn off
.run camping gear off the propane
.have room to mount all kinds of cool accessories
.stay dry all the time
.do dough nuts with out as much threat of rolling
.HEAT cuz i just don't have as much nice warm fat
.be able to pull people out again.

+ would be nice to drive a full size chev again...the jeep is the only small truck i have ever had

The only thing hold me back is them beautiful sunny days when your rolling top and door less with your buddys and the fact that i love my jeep.

ya know its kinda funny lol when i look at this post at all the pros its hard to believe im 50/50 on this and this one paragraph

(The only thing hold me back is them beautiful sunny days when your rolling top and door less with your buddys and the fact that i love my jeep.)

could hold so much weight in my decision :rolleyes:

just thinking about the future here...do i wanna keep trail running and as my confidence grows start breaking more and more

or do i wanna do more exploring and expedition type things .

this is really hard for me guys any input would sure be nice [cheers]

epic3
10-07-2011, 10:55 AM
You loosing weight in your brain too?
You fool you would regret it I was 50/50 once, sold my first scout and went scoutless for 4 years and I regret every one of those four years.
Full top off is the only way to get off!

Tunabomber
10-07-2011, 11:05 AM
imagine this on 38s double locked with bumpers sliders flairs and a better color [36]

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/mrtuna/jimmy3.jpg

B
10-07-2011, 11:29 AM
my 2 cent's everything your jeep walk's up that wont everything you can see while out playing now you won't be able to one fun trail and that thing will be a huge heat score imagine no p2p , your body's in bad shape those convert's are way worse for body flex and splitting apart and older than what you have now ... what else do you want to hear ? ....

epic3
10-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Your not Lee Majors. Your Tuna. Deal with it

RIFF RAFF
10-07-2011, 11:39 AM
my opinion, family first...:dontknow:

D-Ass
10-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Be a man! U want room for the fam. An explore rig. And a wheeler! Buy a toyota or a cherokee! At least u know u can get parts for both easaly and cheep. 1980 called! They want their mullet whering full size mud truck back.

Remember when u said if u were a bout to do some thing really fucking stupid to come over and kick you in the ass? I will be over tonight![16]

UU
10-07-2011, 02:09 PM
figure i could get 3 for the rover and 5-7 for the jeep

would leave me 5-6 to dump into already good truck i know of

really love my jeep but to be honest its a single purpose machine

i realize i would have to give up trail running so to speak( well tight ones anyway )

but if i made the switch i would be able to....

.take more friends
.take more gear easier
.sleep in back
.fit more speakers
.still go half topless
.tow a heavier trailer
.be less of a giant flashing light bulb to the VI guys
.have more power
.listen to the sweet sounds of dual flowmasters again
.be able to bring my family
.enjoy the availability of dime a dozen full width axles
.have a locker i could turn off
.run camping gear off the propane
.have room to mount all kinds of cool accessories
.stay dry all the time
.do dough nuts with out as much threat of rolling
.HEAT cuz i just don't have as much nice warm fat
.be able to pull people out again.

+ would be nice to drive a full size chev again...the jeep is the only small truck i have ever had

The only thing hold me back is them beautiful sunny days when your rolling top and door less with your buddys and the fact that i love my jeep.

ya know its kinda funny lol when i look at this post at all the pros its hard to believe im 50/50 on this and this one paragraph

(The only thing hold me back is them beautiful sunny days when your rolling top and door less with your buddys and the fact that i love my jeep.)

could hold so much weight in my decision :rolleyes:

just thinking about the future here...do i wanna keep trail running and as my confidence grows start breaking more and more

or do i wanna do more exploring and expedition type things .

this is really hard for me guys any input would sure be nice [cheers]

do it [36]

toyon35s
10-07-2011, 02:31 PM
i would lock it front and rear and keep it how it is [cheers]

bakelite
10-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Keep both, use the GM for a daily driver, upgrade when you can. You will miss your Jeep mang. [cheers]

85chevy
10-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Does it already have a 1 ton drivetrain because the 10 bolts wont handle those 38s to well they are nice my old man used to have one but he wouldn't let me have it when it was tired and worn out. They are pretty stiff so they don't flex all that well in the body when ur wheeling like a pickup truck does.

Apathy
10-07-2011, 05:25 PM
I was going to say but it but 85 chev beat me too it. I'm surprised you haven't busted an axle shaft yet, and you jeep axles are stronger than the ones in the Jimmy. Add more weight, more power....... You add up the problems

Apathy
10-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Oh, and you really think that the 305 has more power than your 4.0? crazy stupid man. Those things are anemic

mattdroz
10-07-2011, 05:58 PM
id keep it the way it is, that things mint. I would put my 5 grand into an actual trail rig like a jeep or yota, something you wouldnt mind beating up

barracuda
10-07-2011, 06:21 PM
unless your made of money hope you like wrenching till you sell it. those things are heavy with many light duty parts so you will be replaceg and upgradeing

Balls First
10-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Dont.

85chevy
10-07-2011, 06:31 PM
My dad had an old hydro truck it was alright its just the lame 10 bolt and 3.07 years that hurt it he swapped to 3.73s after he blew the rear end a couple times. But his had a 305 SB/SM465/205 the rust is what killed it he replaced the rear deck and then he just left it I wanted it bad to swap a Dana 60/14FF under it and a rebuilt 350 and then fix the body but I never did kno who he sold it to.

96_z71
10-07-2011, 07:03 PM
ditch the 305 would be first on my list

78bronco
10-07-2011, 07:11 PM
sell it and buy a fj cruiser

SHITTY
10-07-2011, 09:24 PM
that full size is in awesome shape . build the full size to pull the jeep on a flat deck. wheel the jeep, sleep in the full size. best of both worlds. long exploring trips, full size. short day trips tow jeep to the bush.

harvester_sorrow
10-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Be a man! U want room for the fam. An explore rig. And a wheeler! Buy a toyota or a cherokee! At least u know u can get parts for both easaly and cheep. 1980 called! They want their mullet whering full size mud truck back.

Remember when u said if u were a bout to do some thing really fucking stupid to come over and kick you in the ass? I will be over tonight![16]

I agree

harvester_sorrow
10-08-2011, 11:49 AM
that full size is in awesome shape . build the full size to pull the jeep on a flat deck. wheel the jeep, sleep in the full size. best of both worlds. long exploring trips, full size. short day trips tow jeep to the bush.

I agree

SHORTBOXCHEVY
10-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Ten 4, i agree with SHITTY!

fullsizebronco
10-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Ten 4, i agree with SHITTY!
Me too!
and I'm not a Chevy guy lol

MacGyver
10-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Don't do it Eric, you will regret it. I sold my old school Bronco and spent the next 12 years and 6 trucks later trying to replace it till I got my Jeep. [16]

CON-K5
10-10-2011, 10:44 PM

I have an 86,goes good off road but I know I wouldn't stand a chance in some of the places you guys are taking your jeeps and toyotas.....I like what the dude called "shitty" said....if I could afford it that's what I would do.

mudball
10-10-2011, 11:06 PM
put a cummins in chev and make it a puller

4skin
10-11-2011, 02:23 AM
shure it looks mint in pictures
but ive restored probably 20 of them
they rot from the inside out
the last one i did was black original paint one owner truck
looked cleaner than that
till we took the carpets out:eek:
replaced entire floor from tail gate to firewall
and as a daily driver are you drunk or work next door to home
shure propain is cheeper but it dosnt have same mileage as gas:dontknow: plus the coin to install the system add that into fuel cost
and you have a old barge that sucks fuel
for the price of the propain conversion alone you could buy a real nice cheroke
or 3 or 4 not so nice ones
and those blazers suck getting in and out of the back and you aint sleeping in the back of it