PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker, first time poster...

OOPS
09-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Well, Im Mike and Id like to start off with a big hello to all the FIBC crew[cheers], and a thanks to the ones along the years that have always seemed to show up (mostly to get a good laugh I think) to save the day.
to remind me I should have brought maybe :dontknow:..a shovel once, a jack MORE than once, sockets to go with the ratchet, a tire once and oh ya, not just tow straps but somewhere to actually mount them that doesn't rip the bumpers off.. One of these days Ill even remember to bring spare clothes to Stave so I dont end up driving home in my boxers ...again!oh yeah

I may be a slow learner, but its all been good fun.

Originally from here as a young kid and we used to go explore all the time so I know lots of the old school spots Stave/Davis etc. I just moved back to the area with a wife and two great little girls that love to get out and see the sights and wheel the trails.

I just picked up a burgandy 94 exploder 5 spd with a 4" lift and 33mtrs and its been fun playing at Stave with it lately and Im looking for some new places/ destinations I can get to in this without the carnage as it has to get us home as well as play.

I definately missed being close enough to get out in the bush at a moments notice and Im glad to be back, the FSRs are where I "supposedly" learned to drive [15]. Hope to meet some of you all out on the trails...

Punk in Drublic
09-24-2011, 08:29 AM
inteo of the week[cheers] you deserve a beer. grab me one too! welcome newbie, see ya out there.

Tinker Belle
09-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Agreed and welcome.

RIFF RAFF
09-24-2011, 09:35 AM
were all kinda slow around here...lol

Welcome....

Trailjunkie
09-24-2011, 09:49 AM
[cheers]:welcome:[cheers] great intro. finaly someone who reads the rules
were all kinda slow around here...lol
agreed. go ahead and remove brain and stay awhile lol. ive met cha on the trail me thinks. i remember that sploder.

OOPS
09-24-2011, 03:52 PM
[cheers]:welcome:[cheers] great intro. finaly someone who reads the rules

. ive met cha on the trail me thinks. i remember that sploder.

are you the guy in the jeep who came by with the tow strap when I high-sided the front diff at Stave (in the smallest hole EVER [27]) a week or so ago? I thought you were going to follow me back to the fire for a beer or two for your help bu lost ya somewhere....

atoyot
09-25-2011, 08:02 AM
decent intro.......

welcome..

Griswold
09-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the Nuthouse, nice intro...See you out in the trails.

85chevy
09-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Good Intro and welcome[cheers]

Covefrog08
09-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Welcome. hopefully you ventur onto the island some time so I can see ya on the trails. :p

crazycooter
09-25-2011, 10:18 AM
welcome to the site, come out and enjoy some trails with us and we do go where body damage is not an issue all the time

Casselman
09-25-2011, 10:47 AM
:welcome:

i believe me and loosenuts ran into you at stave a few weekends back, we were in a green toyota pickup..... welcome to the site

glopedawg
09-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Hey welcome to the site. That's a nice little ploder you got yourself. Enjoy the site and don't feel bad about being slow... I think a lot of us are!

OOPS
09-25-2011, 05:07 PM
:welcome:

i believe me and loosenuts ran into you at stave a few weekends back, we were in a green toyota pickup..... welcome to the site

yup, that was us. good hearing from ya. well have to meet up for another [51]some day soon so i can pick your see how you set up your truck so I have a bit of an idea on where to start when i get around to doing the sas on my 82 yota..

and to all the others that sent out a welcome [cheers]and thanks, good to hear from you and hope to catch see you all for some wheeling and fun soon

4skin
09-25-2011, 07:11 PM
welcome to the nut house:confused0006: wonder how your going to do a straight axle swap in a 82 yota
it would already have one if its a 4x4:dontknow:

OOPS
09-25-2011, 09:43 PM
welcome to the nut house:confused0006: wonder how your going to do a straight axle swap in a 82 yota
it would already have one if its a 4x4:dontknow:

its a tiny little 2 wheel now...but hopefully that will change over the winter im thinking d44 and leafs up front and soa and blocks in the back

4skin
09-25-2011, 11:22 PM
my willys started out as a 2wd 86 toyota pu
now theres about 5 feet of frame left and the motor[27]
and the rest is tube:D

atoyot
09-26-2011, 09:23 AM
its a tiny little 2 wheel now...but hopefully that will change over the winter im thinking d44 and leafs up front and soa and blocks in the back

a d44 in a yota................:confused0006: ...........................stop it........

:D

yota axle would be stronger...................:D

.soa rear cool but id try shackles n leafs without the blocks if ya want to wheel it....axle wrap is no fun.....

OOPS
09-26-2011, 08:51 PM
a d44 in a yota................:confused0006: ...........................stop it........

:D

yota axle would be stronger...................:D

.soa rear cool but id try shackles n leafs without the blocks if ya want to wheel it....axle wrap is no fun.....

good idea about the shackles vs blocks, i just thought it would be easier to get it to the right height to match the front with the blocks?? not sure how to get the right length shackles to level it out.

are the yota axles really stronger?? I was thinking d44 as they are plentifull and cheap, and easy/cheap to do the big brake upgrade on as 70s t-bird calipers bolt right on, but if the toy axles are really that tough it would definately make the install go easier.

ive had many ford full size trucks and modded them all to some extent so i know what worked and what didnt on them, but this is going to be my first ricer/ mini truck so Im all ears for what you guys have already tried that works the best....

the ideal plan is to keep the sploder in fairly good condition if possible for easier family runs or overnight camping as i can sleep in it, and get to yota set up for the nastier tight (funner) trails and mud as carnage wont really be a concern, and I should easily be able to use the ex as a tow/recovery rig for the little truck when i bury it in the mud.[36]

4skin
09-27-2011, 12:17 AM
yes a toy diff in it and just buy a trail gear ifs elimination kit
it seems like a big cost but its cheeper than piecing it together
it cost me almost 300 bucks more than the kit
but you should realy start with a 4x4 frame they are stronger
extra internal boxing that the 2wdr one dosnt have
and its alot of cutting and grinding to remove just about every cross member
between the front and rear shock mounts on the 2wd
the second gen 85 to88 frames are suposed to be the same body mounts
and wheel base
i belive 4runner is same as short box pu