PDA

View Full Version : full size suspension question

jordanbennett
09-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Had a question to you full sizers when it comes to the rear suspention have you guys ever put the leafs under the frame rather than the stock way were the leafs are offset to the outside of the frame can you put the leafs under the frame like a yota? Will it give you bad body roll? Any info would be great
Thanks guys!!

4skin
09-14-2011, 10:40 PM
narowing the width between springs will definatly increase body roll
and possibly affect stability at speed or with a load
why are you thinking of doing this?? lift or tire clearance?

youngun
09-15-2011, 02:36 AM
i would not recommend this in a full size with 63" chevy leafs, will be super super soft. The 63's are flexy on a toyota, let alone a full size with them in boarded

just my opinion

jordanbennett
09-15-2011, 06:33 AM
narowing the width between springs will definatly increase body roll
and possibly affect stability at speed or with a load
why are you thinking of doing this?? lift or tire clearance?
yeah thats what i was thinking, also thinking some good shocks would help with body roll. but more or less for body roll i suppose keeping it as low as possible

atoyot
09-15-2011, 08:10 AM
i would not recommend this in a full size with 63" chevy leafs, will be super super soft. The 63's are flexy on a toyota, let alone a full size with them in boarded

just my opinion

.[cheers]

jordanbennett
09-15-2011, 09:40 AM

.[cheers]

Agree with yeah both forsure! But what if a added a few leafs and had my shock go as far to the outers as possible ?

MUD CHILD
09-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Agree with yeah both forsure! But what if a added a few leafs and had my shock go as far to the outers as possible ?

If your going to go threw all the trouble of adding leafs and moving them inboard you might as well just 4 link it and be done with it.

Ginger Snaps
09-15-2011, 10:58 AM
agree with ryan...

jordanbennett
09-15-2011, 02:52 PM
If your going to go threw all the trouble of adding leafs and moving them inboard you might as well just 4 link it and be done with it.

I wish! Can't afford the johny joints though
Just had the material Latin around the shop and though it would be cool
To run inboard but I may look into 4 linking and see
What the damage would be

MUD CHILD
09-15-2011, 03:23 PM
I wish! Can't afford the johny joints though
Just had the material Latin around the shop and though it would be cool
To run inboard but I may look into 4 linking and see
What the damage would be

What are you mainly going to use this truck for? Unless you are hard core rock crawling where you need as much flex as possible do like I did and most of the guys around here and run sleeves with bushings. I even know a guy that makes them:D

jordanbennett
09-15-2011, 05:21 PM
What are you mainly going to use this truck for? Unless you are hard core rock crawling where you need as much flex as possible do like I did and most of the guys around here and run sleeves with bushings. I even know a guy that makes them:D
going to use this old gal on the road (for a bit) locals trails and mud lots of mud. my buddy has the bushings in his four link, works really well, doesnt your buddy sell them? (never done a 4 link before):D

MUD CHILD
09-15-2011, 06:27 PM
going to use this old gal on the road (for a bit) locals trails and mud lots of mud. my buddy has the bushings in his four link, works really well, doesnt your buddy sell them? (never done a 4 link before):D

PM sent[cheers]

Ginger Snaps
09-16-2011, 10:17 AM
if u want a good look at the set up pm me and come look at my ford

4skin
09-16-2011, 02:38 PM
yea mats works good to bad about the driver[f]

Ginger Snaps
09-16-2011, 02:43 PM
funny guy.......

jordanbennett
09-16-2011, 08:18 PM