PDA

View Full Version : lifted f150 suspension prob

girlcrazy_4
09-08-2011, 01:07 PM
regarding my 93 f150 with bds 6inch ttb lift.

I never really payed attention to wheather i lifted it wrong, or its from abuse but the front tires (35's) have gotten really close to the firewall and rub quite a bit. The centering of the tires seem to be more towards the rear of the vehicle.

the drop brackets could be bent
mabye need new bushings?
mounted the brackets in the wrong spot

Solution: Unbolt the brackets, move them forward 3/4 of a inch, and re-bolt?

My other option is to locate adjustable long arm radius arms...

mus-Tard
09-08-2011, 02:52 PM
a picture may help. or take a look and see if anything looks bent? check old pics to see how it looked before

fullsizebronco
09-08-2011, 08:53 PM
yes bushings can cause it to lean back a bit it pivots on them...how much tho im not sure but the factory drop bracket is the same holes as the lifted drop bracket i dont see how you could move it ....and im sure you know its from abuse ;) next time you have it insured drive it over to my f150 and park it beside mine and see whats different

i should have a the new motor in it this weekend if that happens ill bring it by

radman
09-09-2011, 11:28 AM
its probally from abuse, the drop radius arm brackets have more leverage on the frame, so when u hit stuff with the front end, the brackets bend the botom of the frame inwords.i have seen one where the bracket riped partly out of the frame and severed the front d-shaft. the long arm setup i have seen relocated the brackets closer to the trans cross member, giving better support to the frame.

youngun
09-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Built new radius arms and brackets that are longer and beefier, more flex and stronger. Problem solved

girlcrazy_4
09-09-2011, 01:39 PM
its probally from abuse, the drop radius arm brackets have more leverage on the frame, so when u hit stuff with the front end, the brackets bend the botom of the frame inwords.i have seen one where the bracket riped partly out of the frame and severed the front d-shaft. the long arm setup i have seen relocated the brackets closer to the trans cross member, giving better support to the frame.

The frame looks good, first thing I checked. I'll order up some new bushings and see what needs to be changed from there.

regulate34
09-11-2011, 02:35 AM
the ttb has lost of slop in it. i rebuilt mine top to bottom. the only way i can see it moving back with out it being bent to shit is the foward bushing on the radius arms is fucked or worn so bad its gone. (their is two. one on either side of the drop bracket.). it the cross member was fucked you would have blown motor mounts and you fan would have killed your rad too. it the frame is going to bend it will roll inwards at the bottom. to puch back. its should be pretty easy to spot. my 36s didng rub on a 6in lift.

girlcrazy_4
09-11-2011, 11:18 AM
if the cross member was fucked, Id blow motormounts? I'm blowing mounts like no tomarrow. I get mabye 1000k per set of mounts.

regulate34
09-11-2011, 09:31 PM
if the cross member was fucked, Id blow motormounts? I'm blowing mounts like no tomarrow. I get mabye 1000k per set of mounts.
check your tranny mount. if its toast you put alot more torque on the motor mounts. i had a crack about 7in long in my orange ford right in the cross member

fullsizebronco
09-18-2011, 12:15 AM

that might be because of all the forward reverse technique you use ;) lol

girlcrazy_4
09-18-2011, 01:12 AM
that might be because of all the forward reverse technique you use ;) lol

I dont know what you're talking about, my truck dosnt get stuck half as much as yours ;) Oh hey, did you write FERD on my garage wall?

fullsizebronco
09-18-2011, 09:07 AM
cuz its only half as big as mine lol ;) you cant get to the real mud lol nah... your the only one with balls to go in anymore i need to finish the bronco before i can start playing again the diesel is just way to much work to pull out