06-03-2011, 07:55 PM
so got a new to me camper the roof vents are leaking
so whats the best way to reseal them
and best sealer to use
also need to wire truck for the camper batteries and running lights

:confused0006: its got a 7 wire plug like a trailer

Bushwack
06-03-2011, 08:19 PM
If the vent is leaking you need to replace it.
If it is the seal around the vent a coat of snow roof works great. A coat on the entire roof will make it waterproof and way cooler in the summer.

Trailjunkie
06-03-2011, 09:05 PM
outdoor clear silicone mang. make sure it says adheres to metal. good to go bud

harvester_sorrow
06-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Remove old sealant and paint on new stuff from rv store. Unless you find some rot in there. then its another repair.

Chopstick
06-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Remove old sealant and paint on new stuff from rv store. Unless you find some rot in there. then its another repair.

[iagree] it comes in a 1gallon container

norm
06-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Do not buy "Elixir" plast-t-cote roof patch, all the r.v. shops sell it and it's crap.
any more than 1/8 thick and it cracks,you'll be re-doing it every year. I used a product which is clear and costs about $30. for 1 quart, can't remember the name but it was recommended on a post here where someone repaired the roof on a trailer.Wish I had known about before I did my roof.One of the guys on here is an r.v. tech he should know what it's called.[cheers]

crazydude
06-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Remove the old stufff dont worry about the rot cause every camper trailer has it once you start with it you gonna end redoing the whole camper I know this from experience. Go to the RV dealer and ask for RV PRO FLEX it comes in white ,clear and I believe black its about $30 a quart or you can get it in the applicator tube. I did all my vents with the can and brushed it on make sure you wear gloves the stuff sticks to any thing and does not come off your skin for a month. Did my camper 2 years ago and still looks like I just put it on and it aint coming off.

T-donk
06-04-2011, 11:14 AM
go c my buddy at grandpas r.v he will hook you up with what u need his name is joel..

96_z71
06-05-2011, 08:46 PM
I lathered the whole roof of mine with this black roofing tar stuff a few years back, don't remember what it was called but it worked great.

4skin
06-05-2011, 10:36 PM
so after several scrubs its not green lol

its got a one piece roof skin so no seams to deal with
so next is geting rid of old sealant oh joy this looks like its going to be fun not!!!!
looks like i need a hot water tank to

norm
06-06-2011, 05:47 AM
RV PRO FLEX is the stuff I was talking about[cheers]