PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust question

Balls First
06-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Hypothetically if you had a 2.5" exhaust and you ran it into a piece of rectangle tubing(through the wide side) that was 1" tall x 6" wide x 8" long with the inlet and outlet as unrestrictive as possible it would still have the same air flow right? or do i need to take my pills again:dontknow:

Punk in Drublic
06-01-2011, 10:37 PM
there is turbulance and velocity to think about. im not an engineer or something, couldnt tell you how it would effect it, but if its just a mild engine on a 4x, id say giver.

mus-Tard
06-01-2011, 10:41 PM
are you going to use some heavy tubing in your exhaust?

Balls First
06-01-2011, 10:45 PM
i figure if the transition isn't very sharp then the disturbance to the air flow "should" be minimal course i could be talking out my ass, either way i figure doing this with a piece of 1X6 under the frame should stop it from getting crushed and let me side pipe it and open up alot more room under the truck.

cant keep the existing stuff new control arms are in the way

either way if i fuck it up i can always cut it off and put a down turn on it lol

4skin
non icing running board steps:dontknow:

Balls First
are you going to use some heavy tubing in your exhaust?

If i go this route yeah, that section would be atleast .120 wall so it wont get crushed

4skin
06-01-2011, 10:46 PM
non icing running board steps dou klicked twice lol

B
06-01-2011, 10:51 PM
just got to carline and have them bend you up the cat back pipe they have done ton's of them for us that are out of the way and don't hit shit on that style 4 link you are installing ....

Candy
06-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Hypothetically if you had a 2.5" exhaust and you ran it into a piece of rectangle tubing(through the wide side) that was 1" tall x 6" wide x 8" long with the inlet and outlet as unrestrictive as possible it would still have the same air flow right? or do i need to take my pills again:dontknow:

it would have the same air flow, but, your transition between round and rectangular would cause back pressure

Punk in Drublic
06-01-2011, 10:54 PM
just got to carline and have them bend you up the cat back pipe they have done ton's of them for us that are out of the way and don't hit shit on that style 4 link you are installing ....

yea carline did a good job on gettin the exaust for my 6 banger outa the way. welds were fucken horrible, but dave(i think was his name) took a good hunk of $ off. it wasnt there regular guy who welded ot.

Punk in Drublic
06-01-2011, 10:55 PM
either way, after i touched up the welds it did a great job and never fell apart or got bashed.
it is still on a friends truk today.

Balls First
06-01-2011, 11:12 PM

That's almost too easy mang lol ill give them a call n see what they say, they did my exhaust last time, pretty good work

Balls First
06-01-2011, 11:14 PM
it would have the same air flow, but, your transition between round and rectangular would cause back pressure

yeah i thought it might, soon as it hits it it forces it left or right no real way around that, atleast that i can think of

B
06-01-2011, 11:24 PM
just sayin they have done over 20 of just for us and ive sent other peep's to em as well so they dont have to waste time figuring out how to do it it they just get it done ..they did the tj on coilover's we just finished and it was wayyyy worse that your set up as the link's were tighter @ the top and much longer with more travel ...

just sayin

B ...