PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Doors

429orangepeel
06-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Here is a document on removing doors from your Jeep. My buddy was ticketed in his CJ. He is bringing this doc. to court to fight it. Just thought I would share this info.

Happypants
06-01-2011, 03:06 PM
ill stickie this for ya, good document to have around,

BleepinJeep
06-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Great post!! Now I just have to figure out how to register the XJ as a rebuilt CJ :confused0006:

Lieutenant Johnson
06-01-2011, 03:33 PM
so on a highway the doors must be on >? but not on a road thats NOT a highway.. is this what it says

I know CJ 's are exempt

Honky
06-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I now keep my ticket and the letter in my Jeep

Happypants
06-01-2011, 03:47 PM
apparantly there not allowing half doors either but i know as long as their past your hip while sitting in the truck you are fine,

Honky
06-01-2011, 03:56 PM
HA i don't need no stinkin doors

I also run with the front window down on the road I've pulled up to a few cops and it was not a problem......I know what your thinking I just haven't pulled up to the "wrong" cop yet

Troy
06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
so on a highway the doors must be on >? but not on a road thats NOT a highway.. is this what it says

I know CJ 's are exempt

highway means any road street driveway parking lot etc etc, look up the defintion of terms for the motor vehicle act

and theres no way half doors are legal , they were never original. If you look up the mva in the door section , it cannot be modified from the original design.

4skin
06-01-2011, 06:39 PM
1st gen broncos and scouts came with a roadster option that had no doors
oh and jeep yjs came with half doors

64CJ6Willy
06-06-2011, 07:05 PM
CJ7's and YJ's were manufactured with doors therefore they must be installed.
Don't get me wrong I cruised all the time with my YJ door and mirror-less and apparently got lucky not to be pulled over.
CJ5/6 and earlier were not manu'd with doors, and as a matter of fact my cj6 doors and hardtop were made by a different company other than kaiser/willy's (kelly 2 be exact)

B
06-06-2011, 08:27 PM
CJ7's and YJ's were manufactured with doors therefore they must be installed.
Don't get me wrong I cruised all the time with my YJ door and mirror-less and apparently got lucky not to be pulled over.
CJ5/6 and earlier were not manu'd with doors, and as a matter of fact my cj6 doors and hardtop were made by a different company other than kaiser/willy's (kelly 2 be exact)

yes but the point your missing is you could buy and drive a cj7 off of the lot with outdoor's;) and a top even :D so door were not manditory they were a option[cheers] as of the yj 1987 door's were manditory and all were sold with them :cool:

epic3
06-06-2011, 10:26 PM
1st gen broncos and scouts came with a roadster option that had no doors
oh and jeep yjs came with half doors

scouts up to 81 had a doorless/half door option (Midas or SSII package)

m j
06-07-2011, 07:49 PM
dont the doors have a sticker or something that says they are for protection from the elements only and not a safety device.
so basically the letter claiming passenger retention and side impact issues is BS
what year did jeep have to install side impact beams? or is the high step-through door opening the side impact device?

Vastier
01-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Is there any way that we can clear up the definition of "door"?
TJ's come with half doors as a factory option.
This letter doesn't specify anywhere that the door used be the "same" door the vehicle was manufactured with.

64CJ6Willy
01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Is there any way that we can clear up the definition of "door"?
TJ's come with half doors as a factory option.
This letter doesn't specify anywhere that the door used be the "same" door the vehicle was manufactured with.

If it was built with hinges, it was built to have doors, be it full, half, or softdoors.

Vastier
01-31-2012, 05:52 PM
If it was built with hinges, it was built to have doors, be it full, half, or softdoors.

be it tube doors?

That's what I'd like to know.

64CJ6Willy
01-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Question is whether they are considered OEM, and thinking not.