PDA

View Full Version : Any welders in Langley /Surrey - need quick fix

Lieutenant Johnson
05-10-2011, 10:31 AM
So was driving down the road today and noticed my tire wobbling a bit ... so pulled into work to find my bolt super loose on the Steering Stabilizer and looks like it ripped part of the eye off mount to the axle

so anyone around that can weld , I have a shop with welder OR anyone in the area and can help with a 5 min fix?? http://www.bcjeepclub.ca/Smileys/default/cheers.gif

I have a buddy that said to call him after work BUT didnt sound like he was %100

dirka dave
05-10-2011, 10:38 AM
I could probably fix that up, but I am wayyyyyy over in Ridge.

Lieutenant Johnson
05-10-2011, 10:40 AM
thanks Dave ..will keep that in mind if I am stuck ...trying to find someone closer to limit driving and ruining my tires

B
05-10-2011, 11:23 AM
technicly driving with out a stabilizer will not ruin your tire's a good steering setup dosent even need one the jeep's don't have a good setup therefore putting a shock on it help's to dampen the vibes you feel in the wheel ... thats all it does is dampen the feed back from the road ...

just sayin

Lieutenant Johnson
05-10-2011, 11:45 AM
technicly driving with out a stabilizer will not ruin your tire's a good steering setup dosent even need one the jeep's don't have a good setup therefore putting a shock on it help's to dampen the vibes you feel in the wheel ... thats all it does is dampen the feed back from the road ...

just sayin

I know it kinda "masks" the real issue ... definetly need to fix toe in ... but it does make it drive ALOT better when its working ...I am hoping my buddy will help me at 5 if not ... I will have to go to my buddies shop and try myself with other friend

thanks B

blower
05-10-2011, 04:24 PM
if it's not done yet ,i'm at 56th and 200th.604 532-5772 .john.

Happypants
05-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Just take it out, I drove without one for close to 2 years, sounds like a bent diff or balljoints...

LooseNuts
05-10-2011, 06:37 PM
If you haven't fixed it yet and still want to I can come over when I'm done work tomorrow. I work just by the putello bridge.

Lieutenant Johnson
05-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks guys. blower is fixing now.